Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im ready to install the Blitz oil cooler and I am wondering if its ok to rotate these 90 degrees tot he right before mounting. The recommended install where the lines enter/exit out the top and then the top tilts forward for line clearance will not work when running the Veilside intake and larger piping. There just no room to tilt for oil line clearance. Pipe coming down through the oem battery tray location is just in the way. Tilting the entire unit 90 degrees to the right so that the oil lines enter/exit out the right appears to be the simply solution. I just wasn't sure if there were any adverse effects to installing/running the unit basically sideways from the recommended position. Lines entering/exiting from the side ok? This isn't really a question though of line routing... I got that, just wondering if the unit can be on its side.
Heres some pics... First pic is the recommended mounting position, second pic is how I would like to mount it so I can clear my pipe work. I would be running the return oil line out the bottom.

·
Registered
531 Posts
One of my oil coolers is mounted the way you want to do it with the lines on the side, in on top return on bottom, have had it this way for two years and still works great. Mine is not the same manufacturer but shouldn't make a difference.

·
Registered
748 Posts
bart97, would yours be the greddy 10-row?

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bart97 said:
One of my oil coolers is mounted the way you want to do it with the lines on the side, in on top return on bottom, have had it this way for two years and still works great. Mine is not the same manufacturer but shouldn't make a difference.

One of your oil coolers...?..
Ok that brings up another question I had...
Anyone ever mount two of these 10 rows ( one on each side ) before?
Overkill or very effective?
Guess it increases the cost of a syntec oil change haha

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
it would not be overkill, it would just cool the oil probably closer to rom temp.....you are better off getting a transmission cooler if you want the balanced look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts