Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from a thread on modular fords.com:

Anyone know who owns this 10 second Supra?

Nothing Broke..lol...we got there around 2pm and they would not let Venomous and I run..BUT i did get to do some street racin against a 10 second Supra,I know its legit he had a dvd player in the car so he showed me his passfom Atco 2weeks ago...Got him by 2 cars and my car was stalling due to high boost and a pull throught meter....We have auniver Mass air meter coming tommorrow from Pro-M to cure the problem....After thati will be definately be hitting the track again...for now its time to cruise it and get used to smoking the tires in 3rd gear @60MPH...RIGHT JOHN...LOL.....MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone...

B

·
0 Posts
Reggie said:
This is from a thread on modular fords.com:

Anyone know who owns this 10 second Supra?
Does this guy have a Turbo or a Procharger? He must be running one or the other I would think since he needs a Univer (for what sounds like a blow-thru application.)

J

·
0 Posts
Smoking the tires in 3rd gear at 60 mph is what sounds fishy... if he is running 10 second quarter miles and shifting to 3rdgear at 60 mph, then he is crossing the finish line in 6th gear. :rolleyes:

·
Resident Mopar Maniac
173 Posts
Jay2002WS6 said:
Smoking the tires in 3rd gear at 60 mph is what sounds fishy... if he is running 10 second quarter miles and shifting to 3rdgear at 60 mph, then he is crossing the finish line in 6th gear. :rolleyes:
I think the point was he could put it in third at 60 and still burn the tires off.

C

·
0 Posts
Jay2002WS6 said:
Speed in the 1/4 has very little to do with top speeds for each gear. If he was serious about dragging, he may have swapped out the stock 3.55's for something steeper. My car taps out at around 65 in second (absolute redline) with 3.90's so it isn't all that fishy.

And yes, I too can break the rearend loose on the interstate with the 2-3 shift, it's rather sexy when you're trying to impress someone and rather frustrating when you do it unintentionally.

As for his application.........THAT sounds fishy. A universal is typically needed for blow through app's (especially when the meter is before or after an elbow) and he mentions a pull through app (like Vortech). The reason it sounds fishy is that I haven't seen anything other than a KB or stock eaton on an 03........so if he's turboed or procharged, he'd be the first. (that I've seen with an 03 snake)

C

·
0 Posts
bigmike said:
there is at least one turbo 03 cobra out there.

Ahhh, yes, you are correct....there's some sort of "uber motorsports 03 cobra out there" that just broke the old record (low 9's) with an 8.xx in the 1/4. They're going into the land of all out drag cars.....

I was referring to street cars (I thought he said they street raced).

It's just too early for 03 guys to be swapping to turbos (it wouldn't be very efficient to spend that money on an Eaton just to trash it for a turbo........given all the other components they'd trash as well)

It makes much more sense to turbo a Mach 1 (which I've always said is a better platform to get major performance out of.)

Y

·
0 Posts
Centaur said:
Ahhh, yes, you are correct....there's some sort of "uber motorsports 03 cobra out there" that just broke the old record (low 9's) with an 8.xx in the 1/4. They're going into the land of all out drag cars.....

I was referring to street cars (I thought he said they street raced).

It's just too early for 03 guys to be swapping to turbos (it wouldn't be very efficient to spend that money on an Eaton just to trash it for a turbo........given all the other components they'd trash as well)

It makes much more sense to turbo a Mach 1 (which I've always said is a better platform to get major performance out of.)
I dunno about that... they still have the powdered metal con rds, and a T-45 :(

C

·
0 Posts
YRUNVS said:
I dunno about that... they still have the powdered metal con rds, and a T-45 :(
Yes, but a T-45 isn't any worse for drag racing (don't know of too many guys shifting into 5th OR 6th)

and the mach-1 has the solid rear and no blower. So you can install the blower/turbo of your choice and not eat the cost of the stock eaton, already have the solid axle and what's a set of rods/pistons cost..........

In the end, to build similar drag cars (solid rear, built motor and upgraded blower) it's cheaper to do with a mach-1

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Oh, Oh Oh, can I be the first?.............

:bsflag: :p

·
:)
1,171 Posts
The 2003 Cobra running 9's has a auto and a Kenne Bell Blowzilla and a small shot of nitrous. I believe it has a stock bottom end.

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Godzilla said:
Many out there running 525-550rwhp with the KB blower and bolt-on's on pump.
There are many Supras out there running 525-550rwhp with a single turbo and bolt-on's on pump. Your point?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts