Supra Forums banner

10 second Supra versus 03 Cobra

7K views 80 replies 24 participants last post by  biffstang 
#1 ·
This is from a thread on modular fords.com:

Anyone know who owns this 10 second Supra?

Nothing Broke..lol...we got there around 2pm and they would not let Venomous and I run..BUT i did get to do some street racin against a 10 second Supra,I know its legit he had a dvd player in the car so he showed me his passfom Atco 2weeks ago...Got him by 2 cars and my car was stalling due to high boost and a pull throught meter....We have auniver Mass air meter coming tommorrow from Pro-M to cure the problem....After thati will be definately be hitting the track again...for now its time to cruise it and get used to smoking the tires in 3rd gear @60MPH...RIGHT JOHN...LOL.....MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone...

G
#10 ·
Jay2002WS6 said:
Smoking the tires in 3rd gear at 60 mph is what sounds fishy... if he is running 10 second quarter miles and shifting to 3rdgear at 60 mph, then he is crossing the finish line in 6th gear. :rolleyes:
Speed in the 1/4 has very little to do with top speeds for each gear. If he was serious about dragging, he may have swapped out the stock 3.55's for something steeper. My car taps out at around 65 in second (absolute redline) with 3.90's so it isn't all that fishy.

And yes, I too can break the rearend loose on the interstate with the 2-3 shift, it's rather sexy when you're trying to impress someone and rather frustrating when you do it unintentionally.

As for his application.........THAT sounds fishy. A universal is typically needed for blow through app's (especially when the meter is before or after an elbow) and he mentions a pull through app (like Vortech). The reason it sounds fishy is that I haven't seen anything other than a KB or stock eaton on an 03........so if he's turboed or procharged, he'd be the first. (that I've seen with an 03 snake)

G
#12 ·
bigmike said:
there is at least one turbo 03 cobra out there.

Ahhh, yes, you are correct....there's some sort of "uber motorsports 03 cobra out there" that just broke the old record (low 9's) with an 8.xx in the 1/4. They're going into the land of all out drag cars.....

I was referring to street cars (I thought he said they street raced).

It's just too early for 03 guys to be swapping to turbos (it wouldn't be very efficient to spend that money on an Eaton just to trash it for a turbo........given all the other components they'd trash as well)

It makes much more sense to turbo a Mach 1 (which I've always said is a better platform to get major performance out of.)

G
#13 ·
Centaur said:
Ahhh, yes, you are correct....there's some sort of "uber motorsports 03 cobra out there" that just broke the old record (low 9's) with an 8.xx in the 1/4. They're going into the land of all out drag cars.....

I was referring to street cars (I thought he said they street raced).

It's just too early for 03 guys to be swapping to turbos (it wouldn't be very efficient to spend that money on an Eaton just to trash it for a turbo........given all the other components they'd trash as well)

It makes much more sense to turbo a Mach 1 (which I've always said is a better platform to get major performance out of.)
I dunno about that... they still have the powdered metal con rds, and a T-45 :(

G
#14 ·
YRUNVS said:
I dunno about that... they still have the powdered metal con rds, and a T-45 :(
Yes, but a T-45 isn't any worse for drag racing (don't know of too many guys shifting into 5th OR 6th)

and the mach-1 has the solid rear and no blower. So you can install the blower/turbo of your choice and not eat the cost of the stock eaton, already have the solid axle and what's a set of rods/pistons cost..........

In the end, to build similar drag cars (solid rear, built motor and upgraded blower) it's cheaper to do with a mach-1

#21 ·
Formula1Vendetta said:
There are many Supras out there running 525-550rwhp with a single turbo and bolt-on's on pump. Your point?
It's just as cheap or cheaper to modify a Cobra.

Check this car out

Kenne Bell Blower running 18psi
Kenne Bell TB
50lbs Injectors
BBK Jet Hot coated Longtube headers with H-Pipe and Flowmaster Catback system
Ford Motorsport Steel flywheel and Clutch Kit

Probably talking about $6500

610rwhp/602rwtq on pump

http://www.strictlypro.com/dyno video/Bayway.wmv

#22 ·
Damn yall,

This thread got way outta hand.

The Cobra in question is indeed a Procharged 03 (yes, one of the only in existence).

But the question is what are the specs on the supdawg?

G
#23 ·
Reggie said:
Damn yall,

This thread got way outta hand.

The Cobra in question is indeed a Procharged 03 (yes, one of the only in existence).

But the question is what are the specs on the supdawg?
Bingo, I thought so. Only a turbo or Procharger (in this case must be the prototype F1R kit with air-air IC) would use the Univer on an '03 Cobra.

And for all BSers here, that setup puts down 660rwhp at this point - and the tune and final set-up is still being figured out.

#24 ·
I HOPE U TELL ME ITS THE BLUE 03 THAT WAS JUST BOUGHT IF ITS THE ONE.. IF SO ON ABOUT 17PSI IT CLOSE TO 700RWHP PRO CHARGER JUST FINISHED IT.. LETS SEE ONE OF YOUR SUPRAS DO THAT WAIT U NEED AT LEAST 25PSI OR NOS TO ACHIEVE THAT

#26 ·
Funny... tell that to the Big Single guys that make ~700RWHP at about 18psi on pump gas and ~900at 30psi :rolleyes:

COBRA MAN OF UTAH said:
I HOPE U TELL ME ITS THE BLUE 03 THAT WAS JUST BOUGHT IF ITS THE ONE.. IF SO ON ABOUT 17PSI IT CLOSE TO 700RWHP PRO CHARGER JUST FINISHED IT.. LETS SEE ONE OF YOUR SUPRAS DO THAT WAIT U NEED AT LEAST 25PSI OR NOS TO ACHIEVE THAT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.