Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Text Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

I can't believe it, I've been on Supraforums for a full decade as of today. It didn't even occur to me til Stu Hagen made a recent post a couple of months ago about the early forum members. (at which time I also discovered I was member number #23) Over the years I've met a lot of people through the community and made a lot of great friends (and unfortunately ran into some questionable ones as well). Most including myself don't even own Supras anymore ; I remember making jokes about "Supra-less Supra meets" years ago.

Little bit of Supraforums history for those that have not been around quite as long. Supraforums was actually started in the late 90's, but had a lot of database issues the first few years. Everyone had to reregister, I think I did so at least 5 times. Things finally stabilized 10 years ago.

Over the years I've owned 4 Supras. My first supra which I bought back in 2000 was a 93 auto which I bought bone stock and fellow forum member and good friend Kal and I drove from it from Pittsburgh to LA in 36 hours flat! (with a minor run in with law enforcement who was not so amused) That car went [email protected] at full weight with BPU (no +'s), my second was the infamous anthracite TT hardtop formerly owned by Ron Tsan and Steve Theodore. My 3rd was a 94 white 6 speed, and my last was a 94 auto.

Last year I finally decided to take a chance and open a shop and ended up competing with Curtis Chen's Supra where we made history winning the Castrol Syntec Top-Car Challenge (formerly the Sport Compact Car Ultimate Street Car Shootout)

Currently I've moved onto domestics and presently own my 2nd Corvette, but my fondest car memories were definitely in Supras.

Thank you to the Supra community for the knowledge, support, good times, fond memories and most importantly good friends. I am however iffy about how it (literally) turned me into a full time mechanic :p

Mike
#000,000,023

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Hell yeah Mike! BIG congrats on how far you have come! :bigok:

·
Supra Hoarder...
958 Posts
noob.............

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,306 Posts
Congrats, man! I am coming up on my 10-Year-Anniversary for being on the forums, too... It was really strange when I thought about it...

Reactions: Dumeinao

·
Hardtop Crew
6,408 Posts
awesome man congrats!

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Mike, you're such a sentimental guy.

I looks like I was a day late on 2/12/2001 (probably a dollar short, too). Pretty soon my SF relationship will be longer than any of my marriages. So if this one ever dumps me, who cares, I'll still have my Supra ...and all you guys ;)

Reactions: Dumeinao

·
652 Posts
Well, all be damned... I guess tomorrow is my anniversary too.. Like I've said before... If you would have told me the email group I joined back in the late 90's called "SupraForums" would've turned to what it is now, I'd a called you crazy.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,306 Posts
Congrats man. I will say that my relationship with SF has been longer than any gf Ive had or any car Ive had!
Sadly, I realized this, too. Even though I've been married once (still am), and have owned a ton of cars, and have traveled the World... Supraforums has been, and is still here. :D

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Sadly, I realized this, too. Even though I've been married once (still am), and have owned a ton of cars, and have traveled the World... Supraforums has been, and is still here. :D
this lol

good job on stickin to it v8this. lots of reasons to not come back, but too many to stay

i have logged into SF from 14 different countries around the world. go SF

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
9 years here! I have to wait until next year LOL.

Jason

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
10 years today for me as well, Mike. I've had the Supra for 12 years next month.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Congrats!! That is definitely sweet!! Nothing but love SF

1 - 20 of 100 Posts