Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Supras are money pits
495 Posts
Mike, you should come back to the dark side and get another supra for old time sake :)

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
CONGRATS man i was thinking my 10 year should be coming up soon as well (join date 10-29-2002). SF is a great community!

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
818 Posts
10 years on stock twins. Wow. That's gotta be a record :)
Try 10 years since you drove your supra....think I am going to submit my car to overhaulin....

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
818 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,808 Posts
Mike, you should come back to the dark side and get another supra for old time sake :)
This. It should be a capital crime for a guy to know as much as Mike, own and operate a business that services Supras, contributes as much as Mike, be an all-around good guy and NOT OWN A SUPRA. Congrats on the 10-years, Mike. Get yourself another Supra so you don't feel naked when you go out in public!

Ken.

·
Champagne Papi
5,701 Posts
Congrats Mike! Great meeting you and thanks again for that meet last year! Hope the business is going well, I've got some buddies with LSX's i'll send the your way if they need anything!

·
Banned
820 Posts
View attachment 72963

I can't believe it, I've been on Supraforums for a full decade as of today. It didn't even occur to me til Stu Hagen made a recent post a couple of months ago about the early forum members. (at which time I also discovered I was member number #23) Over the years I've met a lot of people through the community and made a lot of great friends (and unfortunately ran into some questionable ones as well). Most including myself don't even own Supras anymore ; I remember making jokes about "Supra-less Supra meets" years ago.

Little bit of Supraforums history for those that have not been around quite as long. Supraforums was actually started in the late 90's, but had a lot of database issues the first few years. Everyone had to reregister, I think I did so at least 5 times. Things finally stabilized 10 years ago.

Over the years I've owned 4 Supras. My first supra which I bought back in 2000 was a 93 auto which I bought bone stock and fellow forum member and good friend Kal and I drove from it from Pittsburgh to LA in 36 hours flat! (with a minor run in with law enforcement who was not so amused) That car went [email protected] at full weight with BPU (no +'s), my second was the infamous anthracite TT hardtop formerly owned by Ron Tsan and Steve Theodore. My 3rd was a 94 white 6 speed, and my last was a 94 auto.

Last year I finally decided to take a chance and open a shop and ended up competing with Curtis Chen's Supra where we made history winning the Castrol Syntec Top-Car Challenge (formerly the Sport Compact Car Ultimate Street Car Shootout)

Currently I've moved onto domestics and presently own my 2nd Corvette, but my fondest car memories were definitely in Supras.

Thank you to the Supra community for the knowledge, support, good times, fond memories and most importantly good friends. I am however iffy about how it (literally) turned me into a full time mechanic :p

Mike
#000,000,023
Time flies I guess.............

·
Senior
1,484 Posts
I'll be 10 on August 20th this year. By that time F&F had been out & bidding wars for these cars were quite common. Off Topic was Anything Goes & the mkiii section was as wild as todays OT. No idea what member number I am and given thr ftenzy after the movie, it can't be low Nick & V8THIS'.

·
Old School
4,126 Posts

·
さくら 7
1993 Lexus SC300
900 Posts
That's awesome to see you guys on here for so long. That's dedication!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Would have never realized this year will be my tenth year on SF if I didn't cross this thread.

Its been a good 10 years even though I do not own a supra anymore, I am currently in the market for one again.

·
Pumps 1 and 2, hit 'em!
971 Posts
I bought my Supra finally, but I place the blame squarely on Kal and Mike. Thanks, jerks! :D

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
I bought my Supra in 1998, but I joined MKIV.com forums because I didn't hear about this one until 2005, when I joined up here.

·
MKIV Fanatic
457 Posts
Congrats, I've got my 10 year anniversary coming up too... in about 9 years!

41 - 60 of 100 Posts