61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
We are getting old!!! Together. :)

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
I was one of those who joined in the late 90's (I think it was early 1998), and had to re-register a couple time with the changeover. It's been a very long time. I bought my 94' 6 speed in 1999 and kept it until 2002 when I sold it. Definitely the most fun vehicle I've owned. I remember those days on the forums, when Mr. Akimoto's posts were the only real entertainment.
Same here. I think 2-11-2001 was the date the forums got re-constituted then. I *think* I joined about 6 months before I got my Supra, which would be about Jan 1999.
Now I need to change my screen name again.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I've been lurking the forums since early 2001 but didn't join until I found the supra I was looking for (a hardtop). Too bad I too have been supraless for quite some time now (since 2006). Congrats on your 10 years and hope you're around at least another ten :beer:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I will be 10 in near future also. Have learned a lot. Still working on the Supra. She's still a money pit but you can't take it with you when you die.

·
Super Moderator
10,808 Posts
19 years.

Ken.

·
From the land down under
4,626 Posts
I think I started lurking here in the early 2000's, but didnt create an account as I didnt own a Supra at the time, so felt like an imposter.

Once I bought mine in circa 2006, I kept lurking for a year of so before signing up and becoming part of, what was at the time, a thriving community.

Things change, and everything has its day, but I sure am glad that this forum still exists, and some of the OG members still pop in now and then to say hi :)

·
Inline for the win
4,776 Posts
Almost 20 years for me as well once Dec hits!

Reactions: FasTTurbo

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
If you’re really old school you joined in the late ‘90s when Warren Chang owned the forum, before the great crash and reset in Feb 2001.

·
Administrator
9,392 Posts
I was in for a bit when warren owned it, I was a petulant child. I was all that hated in trolls. Probably still am that way..Fuck..20 years.

·
The Great Beast 666
573 Posts
I remember making an account back in 2000(I was 18 and just started college) but I forgot what my username was, I did remember complaining about how I wished I owned a Supra instead of a puny 2000 Celica GTS. To which I was quite surprised at how kind others were and telling me to keep up my schooling and I would own one, and to not be ungrateful for what I had since there was not many who even owned a nice car in general.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think I started lurking here in the early 2000's, but didnt create an account as I didnt own a Supra at the time, so felt like an imposter.

Once I bought mine in circa 2006, I kept lurking for a year of so before signing up and becoming part of, what was at the time, a thriving community.

Things change, and everything has its day, but I sure am glad that this forum still exists, and some of the OG members still pop in now and then to say hi :)
I think I started lurking around 2002 but didn't sign up until a few years later. I got my first Supra in 2006. I remember really getting into the old T04R site in the early 2000's. One of the few sites to have large, hi-res (for the time) images of really impressive Supra's. Use to download them all for my desktop. :LOL: 17 years...

61 - 80 of 100 Posts