Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Found E85 NOT in NJ!
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to knwo of what problems frequently occur in supra with high mileage? What things in the engien shoudl i check/ replace. I am already replaceing the turbos, intercooler, oil cooler, intake manifold, plugs, plug wires, boost controller, turbo timer. I also am putting in a new fuel system, pump, lines, injectors, regulator.....etc. Should i upgrade the stock internals, piston, rings, gasket, valves to handle 600-700hp? What about the clutch, can it handle it and if not, what kind shoudl i get? Sorry for allt eh newbie questions. i woudl like to know from experienced people what i should i do. PLease also add anything that i am missing.

p.s. i am changing the oil in the steering wheel.

· Found E85 NOT in NJ!
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i think i am going for s single turbo....what is the recommened psi or horse power level that a supr acan safely produce on stock internals. I think i can controll that, for i am getting the aem ecu that can handle all knocking....

· Found E85 NOT in NJ!
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is it hard to do? I think i am going to replace them but if it is too hard and not worthwhile, i migh thave someone do it. what do you think labor whoudl be on that? If i read that correctly, does that mean i need new valves every 20-30k miles or every 120-130k miles?

· Found E85 NOT in NJ!
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
600 for labor......sounds a hell of a lot better than me messing ti up....put then again, having experience is not bad. what are some consequences of a bad install? I am assumign that someone with car knowledge, common sense, reading ability, caution and the right tools can do this install?

· Found E85 NOT in NJ!
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MarksSupra33 said:
Also change your vacuum lines, as they eventually grow brittle at higher mileage from all the heat soak.

And oil in the steering wheel, maybe you should tell me how to change that. seeing as I was unaware that we had to change oil in our steering wheel. Maybe a typo?
Are these vacuum lines special or can i just find a roll of this stuff and re-tube it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.