Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, just thought i would post a bit about me. im in the Air Force and been stationed in Japan for awhile. I have a 1997 Toyota Chaser Tourer V that i have had since 2001. It has went through quite a few changes and i plan on droppin in a 2JZ-GTE to replace my 1JZ-GTE here soon. I already have the motor, just need to build it the way i want it. I plan on doing a alot of things in this car, like drag, circuit, auto-X and gymkana, but no drifting as of yet. thought i would join this forum to learn from you guys and contribute where i can. here are a few pix of my car right now, but i havent had time to get any really nice pix taken.

last couple pix are of my new defi's. i have pix of what my car used to look like here if you are interested in seeing more of the interior and what changes have been made.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/338350

sorry, i think i posted this in the wrong place before:nervous:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is awesome! Why can't we get stuff like that here in the states? It's like BMW meets Japan... love it.
thanks, and i wondered the same thing after being in Japan for awhile. there are so many nice cars here that they never sold in the states, like the whole line of Tourer V's and the 2JZ-GTE Aristo/GS300. Sexy sedans, with nice engines, and not much weight. Toyota isnt the only company not to bring nice rides to the states either. Im just glad im living in JDM land for now and can enjoy what they have to offer:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty cool lookin car. We need to see some ass and interior shots.
here are some ass shots, but not the greatest, like i said, havent had the time to get good photos yet.:1poke:

interior shots are at the link posted before.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sweet LLLIIIIPPPP on that ass. 18's with 305's on the back . right? How wide are those? Beautiful car, Toyota would steal the market if they brought it to the states.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
I love it. I really do wish they brought them to the US. If nothing else, I just wish they had the 15=year importation law like they have in Canada.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I've always loved the Chaser ever since I saw them in person back in 1998. Wished they had imported them to the states as a nice mid-sized RWD sedan. Instead, I had to settle for the compact IS/Altezza.

Nice car and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for comments and warm welcome. this car is still a work in progress. i guess i should have already posted a list of mods done to the car, so here goes:

Tein Type Flex Coilovers w/ EDFC
Cusco front and rear sway bars
Cusco front A-Frame
Cusco 6 Point roll cage
Custom rear crossmember w/ all TRD Mounts for xmember and diff
KAAZ 2 way LSD
HKS twin plate clutch
HKS 1.6mm metal head gasket
HKS type S FMIC
HKS Suction Kit
Hurst Line Lock
Endless steel braided brake lines
Volk GT-7 wheels 11J +11 rear 8J +31 front w/ 315/35 BFG's and 245/40 Nitto 555ZR's
Custom Wide Body and paint

This car used to have a HKS 2835 GT Pro kit with a mini FCON 6 piggy back fuel computer and an HKS dual stage EVC making 400whp. It wasnt enough for me so i took off the turbo kit and sold it. the evc got put on one of my other cars(R33 25T) and that car got sold. Plan is now to build it to about 700~800whp with a 2JZ setup. I plan on going with a TEC-3 for the fuel computer and possibly the new T71 for a turbo. Most of my problem lies with what to do about the transmission. I can either try to get a good condtion getrag(not as easy as you think) or put a crossmission in my 5-speed. i still need to do some research before i make any decsions.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Wow that could would look great even in a 2007 lineup. Maybe a few suttle changes but this car is one sweet ride.

·
2JZ S13
2,207 Posts
i hate you!

LOL

Chasers = SEX!
i've always been a fan of them and i like yours alot!

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Lovin it. Sounds like you are gonna be in Japan for a while if you are talking about doing a swap. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks again for the comments. i will post some previous pics now, cuz i dont know how many ppl actually looked at my cardomain site and saw what it looked like before. im sure most would have recognized that it wasnt near that wide. its still a really nice ride and with the right wheels and kit it looks sexy, and i have no idea why Toyota never brought it to the states!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts