Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone says get 100plus octane gas to gain hp on 93.5 tt > only problem is i dont know where to get it at, we only have 116race fuel with lead , its not unleaded so it will destroy my o2 sensors. Do i need to get it at a speed shop or something, i can get some there but you have to mix yourself that would suck>>> any answers are greatly appreciated. ps im in ohio , dayton area... Kevin...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I get mine's at select union 76 station's, 100 unleaded:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
deavenly1 said:
I get mine's at select union 76 station's, 100 unleaded:D
Just out of curiousity, how much do you pay for it at Union 76 stations? The reason I'm asking is that the one by my house sells it for $5.00/gallon. So filling up gets pretty expensive.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here in Florida,I get 100 Cam 2 unleaded for 3.79/gal.Ive found two local stations that sell it.The guy that works at one told me that a lot of people get the race gas so Its gonna stay.Yea.

Joe

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aviation gas is 100 octane plus - see if you can make contacts and get some

be warned it can cook your cat!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone know where you can get 100 octane gas from here in Austin, TX?

·
Super Moderator
4,428 Posts
All tracks carry 104 unleaded..and all the leaded ones around here. And also select Sunoco stations sell the 100 unleaed for 3.999 a gallon. And as for aviation fuel.....it still has lead in it....its just low lead.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,399 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
All tracks carry 104 unleaded..and all the leaded ones around here. And also select Sunoco stations sell the 100 unleaed for 3.999 a gallon. And as for aviation fuel.....it still has lead in it....its just low lead.
i wish all tracks carried 104 unleaded, at speedworld we only have 110 and 112 leaded and its like 5 and 6 bucks respectively/gal. are you talking about MIR?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i remember on the mr2 board some people talked about mixing in xylene or toulene to raise the octance level in pump gas. or you could always buy a drum of race gas and keep it in your garage. :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about buying a can of octain booster from Pep Boys? Is that a good idea, it saves $$$$$$$$$$$?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Go to a paint supply store and buy some xylene. Mix some marvel mystery oil or some two stroke oil with it. Approx 1 oz per gallon. I mixed 2 gal xylene with 6 gal 93 octane to get a result of 8 gal of 100 octane. Ran great in my car.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chester said:
What about buying a can of octain booster from Pep Boys? Is that a good idea, it saves $$$$$$$$$$$?
octane booster is just really expensive race gas.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Octane booster is not expensive race gas. It is nothing comparable to race gas. There is no way a 12oz bottle of anything can raise 15 gallons of gas to race gas levels. On top of that, it coats your plugs and ruins them. Save your money if you are going to buy octane booster.

Jimmy
97 TT BPU++

·
NGAPINO
257 Posts
A friend of mine tried that. Didn't net him a single pony on the dyno. His handle on the forum is NDISGII. His car is our guinea pig for mods, he buys and tests stuff. Whatever works, I buy, what doesn't I don't. Its funny cuz he said its time I be the guinea pig...lol

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
This mod would allow you to run regular gas vs. race gas all the time. It'd probably be cheaper in the long run to run the alcohol injection vs. race gas all the time. I think that was the point of the suggestion. I guess it comes down to how much boost you're running and how much of a heat problem you have.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I run Xylene in my turbo TA. I bought a 55 gallon drum of it from a local oil/chemical company. 55 gallons for like 159.00 After mixing 30% ration with 93 octane, my cost comes out to be something like 1.62 a gallon for 100 unleaded. Now keep in mind that here in Ga, 93 octane runs about 1.08 a gallon.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
100 octane unleaded 76, 3.72 a gallon. by the 55 gallon drum. But it's like a independent fuel company in portland, OR. If you lived here i'd give you more details.

ps and run it daily!!! 50% 50%..... it's not that expensive

1 - 20 of 21 Posts