Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
so how do you know cyl 3 is over fueling ? by reading the plugs? have you tried disconnecting each coil pack individually and finding the one that doesnt change the engines ability to stay running? then the same with the injectors? it kinda sounds to me like a stuck open injector, id also do a compression test to make sure its not a burnt valve or something

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the car was misfiring i disconnected each coil plug to see if the engine would change, the only one that did not change was Cylinder # 3
& i could tell the engine was full of fuel because sometimes it would not crank and i would have to take out the coils and plugs and get the fuel out by turning the engine over and shooting out the fuel.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
Swap fuel injector from cylinder 3 to cylinder 4. If the problem starts happening on cylinder 4 and cylinder 3 clears up, its your injector is sticking open. If not, then you have other issues.

R.K.

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
Swap fuel injector from cylinder 3 to cylinder 4. If the problem starts happening on cylinder 4 and cylinder 3 clears up, its your injector is sticking open. If not, then you have other issues.

R.K.
This. Then you will know if it's injector related. Also run a compression test. A cracked or stuck valve will cause the same behavior. Bad rings/lands will also cause misfire.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
what happened to the forums? is the prize offer just for fun? since when do we have to offer $100 for advice on here?
I think people want an answer extremely fast and then follow up advice through a call or text so it's motivation for someone to go the extra mile. Some people are just fed up with the problem they want someone else to solve it.

He got it solved in 2 hours 20 mins. So I guess the 100 helped speed things up.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i think people want an answer extremely fast and then follow up advice through a call or text so it's motivation for someone to go the extra mile. Some people are just fed up with the problem they want someone else to solve it.

He got it solved in 2 hours 20 mins. So i guess the 100 helped speed things up.
ok.

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
2:20 you say?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts