Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
With dual pumps such as Walbro's or the stockers, 1000rwhp is kind of pushing it but I'd say 950rwhp safely!

·
The Hustler
1,288 Posts
I have seen people make 1000rwhp on 1000cc injectors, but I wouldn't really want to max them out. I just went with 1600s in mine.

·
Super Moderator
10,808 Posts
James,

With two OEM pumps, I ran out of injector at 1,031 whp. Rsky, who recently made 1006 whp ran out a bit earlier with one OEM pump and another brand I can't recall and Jim Swantko made 1,028 whp with six 1000 cc injectors (can't recall his fuel pump set-up). Both Rsky and I now run eight 1000 cc injectors which provide a bit more headroom if needed.

Ken.

·
The Hustler
1,288 Posts
KenHenderson said:
James,

With two OEM pumps, I ran out of injector at 1,031 whp. Rsky, who recently made 1006 whp ran out a bit earlier with one OEM pump and another brand I can't recall and Jim Swantko made 1,028 whp with six 1000 cc injectors (can't recall his fuel pump set-up). Both Rsky and I now run eight 1000 cc injectors which provide a bit more headroom if needed.

Ken.
Ken, why not just go with a bigger injector? Whats the benefit to running 8 smaller ones?

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
Ken, why not just go with a bigger injector? Whats the benefit to running 8 smaller ones?
the two additional injectors only come on under boost therefore making lower duty cycle tuning more effictive... saving small amounts of gas...and overall a better idling better performing vehicle

lotsa street/strip cars are setup this way

·
Super Moderator
10,808 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
Actually, my eight 1000 cc injectors are driven full-time by my F-CON V-Pro. They are Densos which I believe to be the best 1000 cc injectors available, especially as it relates to idle quality. Keep in mind, my car is a totally street car and has never been drag raced. Idle quality, part-throttle, steady-state cruise and overall fuel economy are still important in the scheme of things and I have never seen a 1600 cc equipped car acquit itself well on the street. The 1600 cc street cars I have seen at SILV have all had idles at 2000 rpm or higher.

Now, I understand AEM has a new injector driver that handles this problem, but I think my set-up in terms of overall tractability and the ability to make big power is difficult, if not impossible to match for a 1600 cc car. I mean, I got 24 mpg on the way to Vegas last year at a steady 80-85 mph. Again, my car is a 100% street car that occasionally participates in bike racing and LSR activities. For guys that want to go 9s regularly, a 1600 cc set-up may be the way to go.

Yes, there are formulas that indicate how much power you can expect at 43 psi and 80% duty cycle with an assumed BSFC. Alter static fuel pressure just a bit and hone in on your actual BSFC and those formulas go out the window. Hope this helps.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
I made 1028 rwhp on 1000's - a 3rd pump would be a safer way to push without having to change the injectors.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jim Swantko said:
I made 1028 rwhp on 1000's - a 3rd pump would be a safer way to push without having to change the injectors.

How are you plumbing the 3rd pump in assuming your running 2 feeds and 1 return?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
3 pumps combine in the hanger, -10 feed to a Y-block feeding both ends of the rail. Single return from FPR.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Ken, I read in your other posts that you always run race gas. How do you make it to Vegas?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'll update this thread in a few weeks with results because I will have twin densos supplying 6 x 1200cc's with -6 lines and a -10 rail. I wouldn't trust my weedwacker on a walbro pump.

·
Registered
715 Posts
mkivbren said:
I'll update this thread in a few weeks with results because I will have twin densos supplying 6 x 1200cc's with -6 lines and a -10 rail. I wouldn't trust my weedwacker on a walbro pump.
Woon likes the set-up.

FUEL:

1600cc injectors
WOTM -10 fuel rail
WOTM CNC billet fuel hanger
Walbro Pumps (3)
Weldon regulator
SX fuel filter

Why do you not like Walbro when I see alot of other members have great performance from them?

·
Super Moderator
10,808 Posts
medici78 said:
Ken, I read in your other posts that you always run race gas. How do you make it to Vegas?
Vegas is a tad over 250-miles from where I live and I have no problems getting there on about 3/4 tank of gas, even less if I focus exclusively on maximizing my fuel mileage.

Ken.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts