Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone here done a 100hp shot of NOS on a Auto Supra?

This is what I am planning on doing and just wondering if this makes a significant difference. Also do any other things need to be changed/upgraded ?

So far my engine is stock except for HKS filter and 2.75' exhaust.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
only use nitrous with 100 octane or higher.. otherwise your engine may go kaboom. You may need to build your tranny as well later on. I would also recommend a SAFC-2 so you can tune your car for when you are running nitrous with 100+ octane gas and set it back for when you arent running nitrous and driving it to work or something. That is what I am planning on doing anyways. But I have a 5spd so I dont have to worry about tranny problems.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
direct port or single fogger?? direct port would be safer to use because the nitrous gets mixed with the fuel and air better.

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Fogger.. if you use Direct Port you have to do a MINIMUM 120 SHOT Nitrous.. Fogger is the best way to go for N/A's again UNLESS you have your engine correctly built to withstand the higher shot. just my .02

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you go with anything over 75, go with a direct port setup. 100 would be ideal for a sportsman fogger Direct port setup - just make sure to retard timing and a progressive controller might help the tranny. Nitrous express makes good DP kits too - dont bother with anything else besides DP if you are going for 100+ hp.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
do yourself a favor and bypass the stock auot tranny cooler and connect and a generic perf. transmission cooler instea lowering your tranny temps a redicoulously alot. this will save your trannyplus making it last a hell of alot longerplus it willnt be slipping as much (heat equals why our tranny shift so sloppy with slipping)espcially with the 75-100 shot and will hold the perf alot better this should be track only setup or you could drive it like that daily aslong as its not frezzing out and you warm up your tranny evrytime you go out .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts