Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TB (Wilson Manifolds) is 4.25" outer diameter. I am havinf hard time finding silicone coupler that reduces from 4.25"ID to 3.75"ID. I've called Wilson Manfolds, and they refered me to Precision Turbo, PT told me they go up to 4"ID only. Hose Tech also goes up to 4"ID only. I purchsed one of these reducers, and there is NO way to stretch it over 4.25". I am thinking some diesel truck shops might carry what I need...just don't know where to look.

Thanks for any help.

Home Depot sewer coupler (pictured) is not gonna hold up under pressure....

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
I had similar problems when doing my IC piping on my car (non Supra). The best way me and my friend found was to lube the inside of the 4" silicone adapter REAL good, and then use a screwdriver or two to stretch it over. If you can take off your throttle body, it'd be a big help to put it into a table-vice while you do this.

Ours was 3.25" though, so it might be a little more tricky, but 4" with lots and lots of lube and some flathead screwdrivers to expand it on a few ends should do the trick.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
You might want to consider sanding/honing out a few mm of the silicone on the 4" side. After that just apply some motor oil and slip it on. That's your only chance if you don't find a 4.25 ID hose. Good luck.

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
maybe i have an easier route... when i was doing a custom turbo setup on my subaru i ran into the same problem...

Why not get a piece of 4.25 straight and run that about 1" off the TB, then take one of your bends and bring it to an exhaust shop... have them stretch the pipe out alittle, this will get you really close to the 4.25... then you can do the same with a piece of 4" and make you own Aluminum or SS reducer... Then all you would need is a 4.25" coupler.... and as above stated.. that would probally be easily found at a diesel shop

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
why not have someone make you an aluminum adaptor? Then it would be straight couplings instead of a sillicon adaptor.

if you tell me what you need, I can get one made up for you for probably under $70

-m

email me for my #

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
I looked everywhere for a reducer from 4 ½ to 3 inch and no luck. Only place that was willing to do it was turbohoses and they wanted 250 dollars. So I bought 4 ½ to 4 inch reducer and 4 inch to 3 inch and had my friend do some jdm welding(cut weld).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts