Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure this one out. In my 95 6spd I could hit around 120mph at the top of 4th. In my 94 6spd I can only hit just below 110mph.

I am running the stock rims, with stock sized tires (255/40/17s and 235/45/17s).

What are the ratios in the rear end of the 6psd, and the auto. I bought this car used, and from what I could tell completly stock. Who can say these days though. Stupid women could have blown out the rear end, and some retarded mechanic could have put in an auto. That's the only thing I can think of LOL.

Any thoughts?

Howard

·
Registered
496 Posts
Isn't the speedometer signal read somewhere off the transmission? (If that's what you're using to guage your speed) Diff or Wheelsize wouldn't make a difference.

It's probably speedometer error.

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Your speedometer on the 94 is reading slightly low.

A stock 6-spd Supra will hit the rev limiter in 4th at about 119mph. With slightly over-diamter tires, I went through the traps at 121mph on the limiter in 4th gear (indicated 119mph).

Andi

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses guys. 106 still seems REALLY low to me though.

I am going to see if I can get someone to pace me, or a cop friend to gun me and see what that says.

I'll let ya know.

Howard

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Hwilli said:
Thanks for your responses guys. 106 still seems REALLY low to me though.

I am going to see if I can get someone to pace me, or a cop friend to gun me and see what that says.

I'll let ya know.

Howard
It could be that your speedometer is reading slightly low and your tachometer is reading slightly higher than most...?

At what RPM on the tach do you hit the rev limiter? Most Supras I've seen including my own hit the rev limiter at an indicated 7000RPM, which is actually 6800RPM (most Supra tachs read high by 200RPM in the upper ranges).

Andi

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, I am not 100%. I do know that both my AFC, and AVC-R read differently than the TAC.

TAC being slightly higher if memory serves.

Howard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts