Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Mods before Broads ;)
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night I had the time of my life. I went to HRP with a few friends and my wife to try and beat my personal best. Simply put, I left the track a happy man. In fact I am still riding the high. Awhile back I set an ET goal for myself and it feels great to have finally reached it.

Track conditions were okay. Temperature was around 80 degrees and humidity was high. Alot of people were complaining about traction so I made sure to get a really good burnout.

The funniest thing about the night was at tech-in. I was wearing shorts. The tech guy took one look, handed back the card, and told me to get a refund :wtflol: I had to leave the track and get a pair of acid washed tapered jeans (straight from the 80's) for $10.00 from a gas station around the corner LOL.

Mods: BL tranny, 3,800 PI stall, 75 shot, and BPU+. I really have to give a shout out to Tommy at Autobanh.com and the Powerhouse Racing crew. They did the installs and tuning, which made all the difference.

Here is the timeslip (Vid below):

Here is the video:

VIDEO

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
Congrats man! I was gonna update this weekend with your 11 second pass..........guess I'll just put your 10 second pass up there instead ;)

Congrats again bud!

·
Boost Junkie
12,736 Posts
Great Pass Amar!

I spoke to you at length down in TX and knew you would hit your goal! That is a great ET for that mph, car really hauls in the 1/8th mile. Glad you hit your goal as well!

Steve K.

·
Black is Faster!
424 Posts
Freakin' awesome run man... care to shed a little light on the nitrous set up... increased fuel? window switch? rpm switch? secrets on launch?

Congrats again...! :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow!!! Congrats on the great run. This is exactly what I want to do with my auto. I would also like to know more about your nitrous setup.

·
Registered
521 Posts
10sec on Stock Twins :bigthumb: i feel like looser with my 12.234 on single :dunno:

I need teacher like you :)

·
Mods before Broads ;)
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone!!! :hug:

easy2speed: Yes, the trap is a bit low. When I ran the 11.0x at TX2K5 I trapped at 124.10. I owe this pass to the 60ft.

::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: Tire set up is 18 inch BFG G-Force Drag Radials. 295's in the rear on 10 inch Blitz Technospeeds.

Caughron and SupraT04r: I have a NX set up. Only bells and whistles are the bottle guage, heater, and rpm window switch. The window is from 3,200 rpm to 6,900rpm. 75 shot supposedly but I upped the fuel pill so its really fat. I don't pick up a full 75 shot to the wheels.

Fuel is stock.

The good launch was due to a TRD LSD, a super long burnout, and not racing anyone else. I just focused on stalling it up as much as possible and then nailing it. Oh yea, I have found for me that 22psi in the BFG's works best - I think makes a difference in times.

Bad Dawg: Not tellin ;)

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Oh hell yeah man!!! Sweeet!!! So happy to hear the good news. Thats awesome. :)

Stock twins and in the 10's, your the man Amar :)

What tire did you run?

Hows the car looking? all done?

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congrats Amar!! If I dont sell my car I plan on putting a 75 shot on it too. However with my 1.50 and 1.53 60fts I don't plan on spraying out of the hole. Are you spraying the whole length?

Again Congrats,

Jason

·
Mods before Broads ;)
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Obiwan said:
Oh hell yeah man!!! Sweeet!!! So happy to hear the good news. Thats awesome. :)

Stock twins and in the 10's, your the man Amar :)

What tire did you run?

Hows the car looking? all done?

LOL. Hey Ben. You are the one that did the install and tune on the MAP-ECU. Your work shined through on that pass. :bigthumb:

Tires: 18 inch BFG Drag Radials.

1slow93turbo: I made one sissy pass before this one. On that pass I just wanted to try and get the VHT on the tires and purge the N20. On this pass I sprayed from the second I left the whole until the end (unless rpms fell out of the window switch area).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey Amar, great run. Glad to see another houston supra in the 10's especially with stock twins.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts