Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[VIDEO] [email protected] w/1.81 60' on STOCK FUEL, STOCK MAF, NO NOS @ 3600 Ft. Elevation

Welp, we didnt hit the 10's but we came damn close.

Car went a best of [email protected] with a crappy 1.81 60' spinning the tires (ET Streets, 10.5" wide on stock FD RX7 wheels) to almost the very top of 2nd.

Car has 109k miles on it, with the original factory fuel pump, factory injectors, factory mass air sensor, factory fuel pulsation dampener bypass, factory ECU/rev limiter....

I'm not sure what the record is for factory fuel, I think SP ran an 11.07 or an 11.1 -- not sure, maybee Lar can chime in here, but that was auto and this is 6 speed :).

I do of course have the Dynamic Racing (www.dynamicracing.com) Propane Injection kit... car peaked at ~1.7kg/cm2, 845 EGT's at the top of 4th. I was bumping the rev limiter quite a bit as well, I think with a taller tire or raised rev limiter the car has at least 132 in it with no changes...

I plan to go dual stage on the propane and dual mass as well and run quite a bit faster... I believe the stock MAF is the restriction now (well, that and traction)

Still shootin for tens, need to do some suspension mods or go with some wider slicks..

[edit] Fergot to mention, these runs were done at 3600 ft. elevation, at Roswell Dragway (www.roswelldragway.com) -- Roswell, NM, .... the home of the aliens :)

J

·
0 Posts
nice run, buddy
get a custom suspension set up, i am sure that you will hit 10sec;)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
:D congrats have any pics or vid so we can see???

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
Nice times, are you running stock twins?

C

·
0 Posts
Don't do a thing to your car, if you want to hit tens with your current set up just come down here to Florida on a cold night and you'll get tens.

C

·
0 Posts
could you tell us all about your propane set-up! i want this. details man, we need details - pics - charts - diagrams - all the little secrets. pleassssseeeeeeee.;)

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Great numbers John! That is really moving at 3600 feet above sea level.

Track prep alone would probably have you in the high 10's.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The track was prepped pretty well, I just didnt have it in me, or the cars suspension didnt have it in IT.

The track owner actually sprayed down some VHT for me hoping it would help me hook, but it actually made the car wheel hop badly... after that pass, the car wheel hopped every time.. I'm wondering if i may have broken a suspension piece, i'll have to get it up on a lift and have a look see.

The car is not on stock twins, it has an RPS single kit, and a T70 turbo with a .58 housing and a Q-Trim wheel.

The amazing thing is how much power can be made through the stock MAF, if anyone has looked at it, you can see how tiny it really is...

CBDFLY, the propane setup is really trick. I have a 1.5 gallon propane tank in the car, it uses a custom solenoid and is boost activated (mine comes on at 15 psi) -- Depending on jet size and bottle pressure, you can regulate how much propane you spray, allowing you to make more boost on pump gas (i was on race fuel, so the octane increase doesnt help me out at the track, but it does on the street) and it also allows you to make more horsepower then the stock fuel system will allow.

Go here to look at the propane kit:
http://www.dynamicracing.com/fc/main.php?sortby=rating&category=3000GT-Stealth/Propane+Injection

131.5 MPH is screaming! :)

S

·
0 Posts
I kinda of curious.......what else have you done to the car since the last time you were at the track????

just the propane??? How much time did you drop in the 1/4???
just curious......and you were on Race gas.......

Have you dynoed with and without the propane.......on race and regular gas???

thanks

VPR KILR

B

·
0 Posts
ekool said:
Welp, we didnt hit the 10's but we came damn close.

Car went a best of [email protected] with a crappy 1.81 60' spinning the tires (ET Streets, 10.5" wide on stock FD RX7 wheels) to almost the very top of 2nd.

Car has 109k miles on it, with the original factory fuel pump, factory injectors, factory mass air sensor, factory fuel pulsation dampener bypass, factory ECU/rev limiter....

I'm not sure what the record is for factory fuel, I think SP ran an 11.07 or an 11.1 -- not sure, maybee Lar can chime in here, but that was auto and this is 6 speed :).

I do of course have the Dynamic Racing (www.dynamicracing.com) Propane Injection kit... car peaked at ~1.7kg/cm2, 845 EGT's at the top of 4th. I was bumping the rev limiter quite a bit as well, I think with a taller tire or raised rev limiter the car has at least 132 in it with no changes...

I plan to go dual stage on the propane and dual mass as well and run quite a bit faster... I believe the stock MAF is the restriction now (well, that and traction)

Still shootin for tens, need to do some suspension mods or go with some wider slicks..

[edit] Fergot to mention, these runs were done at 3600 ft. elevation, at Roswell Dragway (www.roswelldragway.com) -- Roswell, NM, .... the home of the aliens :)
Nice run.

If the track wasn't on a mountain you would've had a 10 for sure ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a vid guys...

http://skank.fiendish.net/~ekool/supra/vids/ekool-11.09_131.5_bone_stock_fuel.wmv
Right Click and Save As, Do Not Stream...

To answer some of the questions:

Changes since last time at the track: Replaced the clutch with an RPS "All metal" (ie, ceramic pucks) Stage 3, from a standard Stage 3, unsprung hub, stock flywheel.

Slight weight reductions (~160 lbs)

Propane kit, more boost, and a much safer fuel curve.

I was on race gas on my old run, and this run as well.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
That is kick ass time and MPH.... Props to you bro...
Very impressive!!!

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
ekool said:

Slight weight reductions (~160 lbs)

Propane kit, more boost, and a much safer fuel curve.

I was on race gas on my old run, and this run as well.
Kickass run man...major congrats on the mph and the fact you're on stock MAF..etc.!!!!

Question for ya....to get that 160 diet...what did you do? I mean, I already have the A/C system pulled - where did you make it all??

Thanks,

Jay

1 - 20 of 40 Posts