Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,961 Posts
This is great fucking news! I new somebody in a 6 speed single stock fuel could pull an awesome time. I've been waiting to go single cuase I can't afford the fuel system, but this has convinced me to go ahead an do it. That is unfuckingbelievable man. Much props. God I'm so happy now (also half drunk):D .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Philly Single said:


Kickass run man...major congrats on the mph and the fact you're on stock MAF..etc.!!!!

Question for ya....to get that 160 diet...what did you do? I mean, I already have the A/C system pulled - where did you make it all??

Thanks,

Jay
Jay, the 160 is an optimistic guess... its actually probably less then that. The major things removed that accounted for most of the weight:

Passenger airbag
Glove Box
Passenger Seat
Rear speakers
Rear seat
Wing
Factory Amp

Everything in the engine is still there (trac, A/C, etc) all weight was taken from the rear (i know, worst place to remove weight from) -- but was easy and can be put back on.


Now, if i can just improve on my 1st to 2nd gear shift, I think i'll be allright ;) :fruit:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ryan P said:
This is great fucking news! I new somebody in a 6 speed single stock fuel could pull an awesome time. I've been waiting to go single cuase I can't afford the fuel system, but this has convinced me to go ahead an do it. That is unfuckingbelievable man. Much props. God I'm so happy now (also half drunk):D .
Keep in mind, I also have the propane injection.. My previous best on stock fuel without the propane was an [email protected], but now that I have the propane.. i can actually run FASTER, and still be much RICHER (previous EGT's peaked at 880, now they peak at 845, with higher boost! and i can even richen that up much more very easily (bigger propane jet))
 

·
Bad Karma Supra
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
ekool said:


Keep in mind, I also have the propane injection.. My previous best on stock fuel without the propane was an [email protected], but now that I have the propane.. i can actually run FASTER, and still be much RICHER (previous EGT's peaked at 880, now they peak at 845, with higher boost! and i can even richen that up much more very easily (bigger propane jet))

Nice...I checked out the dynamic racing website...where did you mount that tank?! I'm guessing hatch or where your rear seat use to be? Sounds like a very good setup....higher boost....lower temps.....mmmmmm....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Philly Single said:

Nice...I checked out the dynamic racing website...where did you mount that tank?! I'm guessing hatch or where your rear seat use to be? Sounds like a very good setup....higher boost....lower temps.....mmmmmm....
Actually, its on the passenger side by the ECU, wedged in there between the "frame" (not really a frame, remove your glove box and you'll see what i'm talking about) and the floor... its solid.
 

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
Joined
·
251 Posts
wow good run :)
so If I get propane injection
I dont need upgraded fuel system
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
C5KILLR said:
wow good run :)
so If I get propane injection
I dont need upgraded fuel system
Thats a choice that only you can make.

If I had the money, I'd go with a full out fuel system, but by the time you price everything out, you've got $5k into it... this runs $500...

The optimum setup would be a fuel system+propane...

You also get a couple benefits with propane... colder intake charge, and increased octane on pump gas... which both allow you to run more boost on pump gas...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
This propane thing really got my attention. I would really like more in depth information, instructions , bad side of propane injection. pics of engine bay etc.

Congrats on the 11 sec pass. Hope you get 10 secs from the same setup with some more practise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Good work, but I'd quit saying "stock fuel" when you are running a propane kit. I think it's comparing apples and oranges when you compare that to other stock fuel cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Rotary Boy said:
Good work, but I'd quit saying "stock fuel" when you are running a propane kit. I think it's comparing apples and oranges when you compare that to other stock fuel cars.
Rotary, if you download the video there is a nice little line of text that says +propane kit

It is stock fuel, with the addition of the propane kit, just like it says in the vid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Grant said:
Was this on pump gas?
No, VP C12+propane


Originally posted by Joe D
i bet if you pulled out your passenger side headlight, you would have hit 10s and gained ~2 mph!
Joe, since I'm on stock MAF, I did a "custom" intake setup, and the MAF/Air Intake Filter is actually where the stock SMIC is... It gets pretty fresh air there, and it is not behind the headlight so removing it wouldnt yield the same results as another car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
ekool said:


Rotary, if you download the video there is a nice little line of text that says +propane kit

It is stock fuel, with the addition of the propane kit, just like it says in the vid.

He may be referring to the title of this post which says stock fuel in caps. How much boost were you running to get that trap speed? Sorry if I missed it in a previous post.
 
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Top