Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[email protected]+++...56 degrees...Tuned

Well, I now have the car tuned on the stock twin turbos...AFC does a lot of help up high. The car never falls below 415hp to 7k RPM now. I also now have the Tanabe Racing Medallion on and the cam gears are tuned as well. It is doing better now than my [email protected] @ 75 degrees out.

Went to the track last night and ran the car without the bottle...I always make sure the car is running good on motor before spraying the 100 shot...no reason to spray a motor that is not running right. Did not do too much of a burnout on the ET Streets because I knew if I hooked up too well it would just bog the engine and that would cause my time to suffer severely. When I took off in the car it felt really good...the motor did not bog at all and it just took off really well. I knew that I was going to run a time at least better than 11.83 at that point. But at the end of the 1/4 at about the 1000' mark I knew it was going to do really really good because of the MPH it was running...I went through the traps pretty close to where I go through the traps with the NOS but not quite as high.
I was wanting to do a NOS run but I was afraid that I might lean out the car and blow the engine or something like that...it was obviously making a lot of power because of the cold temp but I have a totally stock fuel system and I don't think that I would be able to supply enough fuel for the 100 shot...I could run the 100 shot before but that was before I tuned the car and now I am just making too much hp to support the 100 shot without a fuel system. I am definately going to be getting the fuel system now or at least a pump and line going up to supply the NOS with enough fuel to be safe...it really sucks that I could not run the NOS last night though. Here is my no NOS pass from last night...this run was at 56 degrees air temp. The 60' time was quite a bit better than my 11.83 run also.

R/T = .890
60' = 1.647
330' = 4.725
1/8 = 7.252
MPH = 97.95
1000' = 9.412
1/4 = 11.228
MPH = 126.20

Mods include:

Air Filter
Downpipe
Tanabe Racing Medallion
Greddy FMIC
HKS Cam Gear (Exhaust Side)
RPS Stage 3 Clutch
AFC Tuned
VPC Tuned
ET Streets 26x11.5

The only other mod that I am going to try now is the 2-step so I can leave the line off boost...I am not sure how much that will gain me though. Does anyone have any thought on this product? Thanks

Tony
95TT6SPD
[email protected] Stock Twins, No NOS

·
Registered
95 Posts
I sorry but the time [email protected] seems a little questionable without nitrous considering that it is in your car? The stock fuel system can handle a wet 100 shot. There is a guy in MD with a RSP 97 that ran a 11.1 with the 100 shot. But if you did it without the NOS congradulations on your time.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, after the run I checked my nitrous switches to make sure they were actually off...an they were...and then I checked my bottle pressure gauge and it was still 0 and also I did not even have my bottle open so I know that it could not of fluked a spray run. Anyway I too have run 11.1 @ 129MPH on a 100 shot on a 75 degree day....so I know it is going to run better than 126MPH on a 56 degree day so that is out of the question that the car was on NOS.
After the track when I was on the highway I just floored it and it felt like it was on NOS but I know positively it was not. But that will all show up when I actually spray the NOS...but I have to do it on a 56 degree day to make it consistent. I am getting a fuel pump today but am not for sure that it will actually hold up with the 100 shot or not...I will probably have to do the lines also. The track is open tomorrow night and I will then try it again but I do not know if I will have the pump ready by then or not.

Tony
95TT6SPD

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
markmark7 said:
Nice going!!! 126 MPH!!! Holy shit! New record for both quickest and fastest BPU Supra w/o NOS?
Thanks...I couldn't beleive it myself. Cold air makes all the difference on these turbos.

Tony
95TT6SPD

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Not too start anything.but that number sounds extremely questionable to be hitting without the use of nos..for your mods......there is no way that you car hit that time without the use of nos. In fact no other stock twinned Supra has even come close to that in its 8 years of existance. So nos had to be a factor. And if no....you have to be dynoing 500+ rwhp easy without nos on those stock twins and there is no way. Hmmm i will just leave at ..no way do i believe that time without nos. Nos yes.......without hell no. Just taking away the true numbers people have hit with stock twins and no nos. And for info..cold air will not gain you 7mph and drop .6 tenths...lol just with tuned afc and cam gears either. If so you have only supra in world that can gain that much time with temperature change....lol

W

·
0 Posts
I have to agree with a "holy SHIT!" 126MPH on SLICKS?! Doable, but you must be running some crazy boost (25+PSI) to redline on the stock turbos and have a mad fast shift into 5th gear.

Awesome, congratulations. That is, literally, an unbelievable pass off-nitrous. You're going to need to back that one up, though, without a doubt. Timeslip looks legit, but who knows if the track flipped lanes or had their lights off or what. Still, must feel great to hold that timeslip. :)

-Pete

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Silver Bullet said:
Not too start anything.but that number sounds extremely questionable to be hitting without the use of nos..for your mods......there is no way that you car hit that time without the use of nos. In fact no other stock twinned Supra has even come close to that in its 8 years of existance. So nos had to be a factor. And if no....you have to be dynoing 500+ rwhp easy without nos on those stock twins and there is no way. Hmmm i will just leave at ..no way do i believe that time without nos. Nos yes.......without hell no. Just taking away the true numbers people have hit with stock twins and no nos. And for info..cold air will not gain you 7mph and drop .6 tenths...lol just with tuned afc and cam gears either. If so you have only supra in world that can gain that much time with temperature change....lol
Do you know how much average hp I have gained with the AFC and the exhaust and the cam gear and the VPC...it is quite considerable. I was totally untuned and without all of these parts on my 11.83 run. And another thing what tires do most people use? Drag Radials or ET Streets...there is a huge difference not only in the 60' time but in the 330' also.
And do you know what I have to say about you not beleving me? Come and watch me run the time again and I will let you hold my bottle in your hand...I will even take the NOS solenoid off the car and let you hold that too but if it is going to get involved that much there will have to be money involved to make it worth my time. I am not saying that I will run 11.22 again but I will say it will be in the neighborhood...that was probably a perfect run for the car...the 60' was great and the car did not bog one bit coming out of the hole. I had the TTC engaged on that run also.
So, I am curious...what do you think I run anyway. Let me [email protected] your MPH is -1.

Tony
95TT6SPD

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
watermnp said:
I have to agree with a "holy SHIT!" 126MPH on SLICKS?! Doable, but you must be running some crazy boost (25+PSI) to redline on the stock turbos and have a mad fast shift into 5th gear.

Awesome, congratulations. That is, literally, an unbelievable pass off-nitrous. You're going to need to back that one up, though, without a doubt. Timeslip looks legit, but who knows if the track flipped lanes or had their lights off or what. Still, must feel great to hold that timeslip. :)

-Pete
I have it on video and I know what MPH I was doing at the end...don't worry though it will be done again. And when I spray it I will be running even faster.

Tony
95TT6SPD

P

·
0 Posts
Congrats to wingless Tony on his pass last night. I was in attendance for the run. It was a solid clean run. Dont be suprised if it makes a 10sec pass off the bottle by the end of the year.

W

·
0 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 - Can't wait for you to back it up. If so, with the spray, looks like you might be only the third stock-turbod Supra in the 10's... nice. OTOH, if you can get that launch a *little* tighter, you might be able to hit 10's off spray. That would certainly be a first. ;) If you do a lot of drag racing, you may want to consider changing the stock springs in the rear to '97+ springs - they're a little cushier, and from what I've seen, launch just a little better, without giving much up on the street. Might be that edge you need to get your 60' down into the 1.5x range (esp with a 2-step).

-Pete

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MADMKIV said:
The time I can Believe(Angel Robles did [email protected] BPU+ only on Drag Radials), but the MPH is a little hard to swallow. Good run anyway.
See, that is what people are not understanding. I am not BPU or BPU+...I am BPU++++ with extensive tuning and a very cold day at the track. Most people on here do not have a VPC or a AFC and if they do have a fuel computer it is not tuned...I gained a significant amount of horsepower on the dyno when my AFC was tuned and that was in 71 degree temp. A 15 degree drop in temp is very significant for turbo cars...I still don't see where they put the air temperature they ran in. It was probably around a low 70 degree day for them.

[email protected] @ BPU+ on drag radials...mine only did .3 seconds faster and 3 mph quicker...I am BPU++++ not BPU+...and it was almost perfect conditions.

Tony
95TT6SPD

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Silver Bullet said:
Just so you know the cold temp did not gain me 6 tenths and 7 mph...maybe you need to know what you are talking about before you say anything about my particular car. I ran the [email protected] with stock exhaust, no cam gear tuning, No AFC tuning and No VPC tuning. I gained significant horsepower levels with all of the tuning and the exhaust system I put on. Not only did I peak way better but the area under the curve is waaaay better than before.

Tony
95TT6SPD

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
watermnp said:

-Pete
The boost level after the run was a 1.41kg/cm2 (20.022lb)...I can do more boost but not while shifting...if I would just put the car in 4th gear and just get into it the car will then do about 1.65kg/cm2 (about 23.5lb). With the NOS on the car will do 1.75kg/cm2 (24.85lb) while shifting...not sure what it will do if I just put it in 4th gear and lay into it.

I am almost at redline in 4th gear when I go through the traps...on the dyno @ 7k it says I am at 134mph...this is because the tires are bigger than stock. When I run my Nitto drag radials I am at about 125 at 6800 or so.

Tony
95TT6SPD

S

·
0 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:

Just so you know the cold temp did not gain me 6 tenths and 7 mph...maybe you need to know what you are talking about before you say anything about my particular car. I ran the [email protected] with stock exhaust, no cam gear tuning, No AFC tuning and No VPC tuning. I gained significant horsepower levels with all of the tuning and the exhaust system I put on. Not only did I peak way better but the area under the curve is waaaay better than before.

Tony
95TT6SPD
That's a damn nice run. Do you have any dyno graphs showing what you're putting out with the car fully tuned? I've always wondered how the car would run with everything tuned properly.

W

·
0 Posts
Tony - Do you by any chance have a hardtop? On a very cold day, I could see a well-tuned perfectly running stock twinned 6spd "normal" car seeing 126MPH if you didn't have to shift into 5th. You are talking in the area of 490+RWHP peak and a good curve to redline to pull that off. It may be that since we're used to seeing corrected numbers, the stockers might be capable of putting out that kind of power at only 20PSI on a 56 degree day, but that still seems incredibly high to me. You must have a wonderful set of turbos that are just really damn efficient, and you must've done an incredible (and I do mean incredible) job of dialing your car in.

All that said... I've always heard as a rule of thumb that slicks drop your MPH by as much as 2+MPH for a faster car. Either that doesn't apply, or your car is a car from hell and you are a godlike tuner. :D

Final caveat - if you have a hardtop, then it goes from an incredible freak occurance with an amazing car and tuning to very understandable, though still taking an impressive car and tuning. ;)

Incidentally, what kind of peak numbers did you see at the end of your dyno tuning (off spray)? (sorry if you posted that in another thread and I missed it)

-Pete

·
462 Posts
I agree with the tuning...

In your other post, I mentioned posting your BPU++++ tuned graph...for comparison.

I'll get mine scanned in tomorrow and post it as well.

On my slip at BPU++ VPC/GCC/FMIC etc. the HP held at 428 all the way to 6900 RPM...that was at 1.4kg/cm2 and 8+2 gallons of 100/91 octane gas in the car.

By the end of the tuning session, the car was squatting much more that at the start!

Few Questions:

1. Did you have any pinging at those colder temps or is it the other way around?

2. What temps did you dyno tune at and did they say to change any settings when it's colder/hotter?

3. What HP/TQ #'s at 6000, 6500, and 7000 at this tuned level?

4. What Boost level did you tune at and in which gear? My tuner made me choose a level to tune at. He added some fuel at 2800 to 3200 but then leaned it out to 7000 rpm.

5. What was your fuel mixture?

6. Where did your CAM gears finally end up and why?

The knobs on my VPC/GCC were as follows at the end of my tuning session:

GCC
Knob Level/clicks
1 0 (1% each click)
2 +7
3 -4
4 -9
5 -8

VPC Gain Knob -1 click (4% each click)

I would appreciate the feedback!!!! This information will be really helpful.

Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
So just what are these amazingly tuned dyno numbers you keep falling back on?

Also you said you were at 134mph @7000 on the dyno due to taller tires. Are you trying to tell us you dynoed on your ET Streets?

Has anyone else thought of how much rolling resistance ET STreets that are 11.5" wide have? That's bound to kill a mph or 2 but drop the ET by alot.

Either your a fucking liar or just a dumbass who thought the NOS was off.
STOCK TWINS WILL NOT DO THAT W/O SPRAY but if so you have the only one and will have to prove yourself better than you have.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sn ipo said:

That's a damn nice run. Do you have any dyno graphs showing what you're putting out with the car fully tuned? I've always wondered how the car would run with everything tuned properly.
Yes, I do have a dyno chart but it is not in any kind of digital form. I tuned the car at 71 degrees and it peaked 445rwhp and 474ft/lbs of torque. The hp @ 6500 rpm was at 431 and it did not drop much at all after that. I never shift past 6500 rpm though because it is a waste of time to do so except for my 1-2 shift because it happens so quick.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts