Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track last Friday trying to see how far I can take the stock twin turbos and here are the results:

1st run: [email protected] 1.719 60' NO NOS

2nd run: [email protected] 1.759 60' 100 shot NOS (have done 1.62 60' before, just did not get the tires hot enough and I did not get another chance to try again...waaay to many cars)

I am using the stock exhaust system right now but the Tanabe Racing Medallion is on its way and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow as well as the cam gear. Will probably throw the exhaust on and go to the track again and see if I can better the times, especially the 60' time of the NOS run...hopefully the rain will hold off.

Tony
95TT6SPD

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RPS stage 3...I have had this on my car for about 10 months now, it does pretty good and has not given me any problems. If or when I go to replace the clutch again I will probably go to the same set up...since it is already proven on my car.

Tony
95TT6SPD
[email protected]

·
462 Posts
Great number...you've given me a target!

What modifications are on the car??

Do you have a VPC/Fuel computer?

What have you gone through to get your car tuned to this point?

Any feedback is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Nice numbers, congrats, both on and off NOS. With a slightly better launch you will see 10's, impressive.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Damn, Congrats on your numbers. (Gotta love that Blue Bottle)

Hurry up and tell us your mods Im curious to know.

M

·
0 Posts
how much bottle pressure were you using for this run???

like everyone else wants to know....what are you mods????

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Very nice times....makes me curious what i could do with NOS :) I have always wondered and now may be worth it :)
At Bpu i ran 11.71 @121.50.......i have since added....cam gear, afc, fans, and et streets......Have not put a full good run together yet where i get good launch, shift good , nice weather,....but last few runs with slipping clutch....11.77 @ 120 ( 90+ heat)....and most recently 12.0 @ 119.89 mph slipping horribly out of hole....1.98 60' So just figured i would give you something to shoot for...... Once i change out my disks in my clutch this week...will be heading to track since weather is getting colder..and shoot for 11.5X .....or at very least get a 11.6X . And still have yet to do pullys and vpc. So keep me posted on what times you get with mods etc etc. I know my car has the potential to do this without vpc.....all that is left is if i can drive it there lol But thats all teh fun. But once again GREAT TIMES..and keep us posted on any new times in future.

Also...friend of mine has RPS stage 3 with lightweight flywheel.....and last time at track it siezed up on hard run.....He is bpu with about 30 passes on it. It definitely did not like my style of launching thats for sure...So maybe you launch little different..but 6k- revlimiter...with a little slip to squat the rear then totally off clutch and 100% WOT.....It definitely didnt like. Just giving people my experience i have had. Report back also on how yours through track time holds up. Since alot of people praise clutches and say they are great, hold power, but NEVER have been to track. Makes a big difference on how clutch holds up. So since you drag race keep us posted on that also. I for reference have the HKS Twin disk. Love it....but honestly holds up to 30 hard hard passes at track. then starts slipping. But this will be 3rd time of just replacing disks...so to get 30 good passes for 160 bucks ...not too bad. But i think i am going to try a different one after this time of changing them.

·
Ex-MKIV TT OWNER
92 Posts
Silver Bullet- Hell of a car ya got there. I see you're from Maryland. Do you race at Cecil County Raceway. If so, drop me a line before you go next time. I'd love to see your car run those 11.5x's and maybe you could give me some pointers on my first run( my car should be BPU by then).

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Silver, yer slow! j/k When are you going to Cecil again? Now thats its cooler out I am shooting for a 11. Did Matt get an 11 yet? And if I can't get a 11 I'm not letting you try, I still have the stock clutch in my car.

supra6spd, I live closer to you and would also be happy to give you some pointers. Not based on my driving though, I know Tony's technique and you can try it if you are planning on replacing the clutch soon. ;) Then I can also give you my technique, only good for 1.90's on dr's but thats good enough for me. I may need a 1.80's to hit a 11 unless it gets real cold out.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Supra6spd.......thanks.......And yes i run my fastest times at cecil and go there quite often. I will let ya know when we all go up there and you could meet us up there. Actually my technique has changed since the et streets....now actually easier on clutch then before.....just ride for a split second then totally off clutch and on 100% of throttle. ET streets are incredible.and should have went with them a long time ago. Much easier to feel transition of weight of car....and much easier on the rear end IMHO. Its like a cushion of air coming out of hole when the et streets go to work.....vs......wheel hop and hard transition to rear end. But on et streets ...stock clutch will definitely not hold up at all to cut 1.7s.....at least the way i do it....only person i know who can cut those 60's on stock clutch is Wayne....but even his stocker gave out eventually....maybe he could give some pointers on launching on stock clutch. But to get 11s..definitely takes 18s on 60' with strong running car. Will keep posted on when i get my disks in. And go form there....

·
Ex-MKIV TT OWNER
92 Posts
Rviscosi- Do you do your own mods or take it to a shop? A couple of days ago I recieved all my BPU mods but haven't found a shop that "knows " supras, to do the install.
Have you ever heard of Car Tunes, in Mechanicsburg...good/bad?
...Let me, [email protected], know when you guys are going to the track...Maple Grove / Cecil.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Rviscosi said:
Silver, yer slow! j/k When are you going to Cecil again? Now thats its cooler out I am shooting for a 11. Did Matt get an 11 yet? And if I can't get a 11 I'm not letting you try, I still have the stock clutch in my car.

supra6spd, I live closer to you and would also be happy to give you some pointers. Not based on my driving though, I know Tony's technique and you can try it if you are planning on replacing the clutch soon. ;) Then I can also give you my technique, only good for 1.90's on dr's but thats good enough for me. I may need a 1.80's to hit a 11 unless it gets real cold out.

Rob, No I haven't hit that mark yet but thanks for reminding me. J/K I have recently improved though 12.1x @ 19.79 with the clutch on the way out. When I get the new clutch I will be looking for that one time I pull a 1.8 60' off. I plan on trying the et streets also, just to shut Tony up. LOL I'll let you know when I go up with the new clutch.

Matt

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone, sorry about not getting back in a shorter time period...have been away from the computer for a while.

I was going to go to the track Friday but there was some major weather issues here in Kansas City...but I did get the exhaust system on (tanabe racing medallion) and it dynoed 20.5 hp (avg) better than before...it only actually gained 9rwhp and 9 ft/lbs...did waaay better under the curve though.
Put the cam gear on also that I recieved in the mail...will be tuning this week to see what the hp increase is...not only peak hp but average hp (hp under the curve) as well.

My mods include:

1.) RPS Stage 3 clutch/ stock flyweel (stock clutch would last with 75 shot but not 100)
2.) Downpipe
3.) Tanabe Racing Medallion (Have not had this at the track yet to prove its performance)
4.) Air Filter
5.) Upped Boost
6.) VPC
7.) AFC (Has not been track proven yet...Zeroed out...will be tuning this week...dyno here in KC has just received the wideband O2 sensor)
8.) Greddy 3 core FMIC
9.) HKS Cam Gear (Has not been track proven yet...Will be tuning this week...just put on Sunday)

So far my numbers minus the cam gear and the AFC are:
434 rwhp and 464 ft/lbs (19psi)
I just added about 3 gallons of 110 octane gas on top of bad fuel and immediately gained 11rwhp...next time I go to the dyno this week I will have straight 110 in the tank so I will let everyone know what the car does then, but this will also include the cam gear and AFC tuned on top of the 434/464. number.

Tony
95TT6SPD
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts