Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we put in the stiffer wastegate springs and pulled off the exhaust and air filters for some unrestricted high HP pulls!!

At 27 psi she made 1026 which took 30 psi before with the exhaust on.

At 32.7 psi she made 1150 RWHP!!

Our RC 1200 cc injectors (which are really 1080s) are at their limit so we have some 1600s coming for it on Monday!! We will try for 1200-1300 next week!!

Video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqtkDI57zo

Larry

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nice job! Congrats!

·
Registered
117 Posts
starting platform?
i dont think so
stock block can only handle 400whp max.

Those were the older 03-05 350z's, with the weaker rods. The 07-08 Hr's are beefier and have seen 500rwhp without problems like the older Vq's.Good flowing heads and good displacement is a nice starting point of any build .The ability to stroke the Vq to 4.2 liters is another plus.

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Impressive!!!!

Larry, can the stock 350Z 6speed tranny handle that kind of power?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Those were the older 03-05 350z's, with the weaker rods. The 07-08 Hr's are beefier and have seen 500rwhp without problems like the older Vq's.Good flowing heads and good displacement is a nice starting point of any build .The ability to stroke the Vq to 4.2 liters is another plus.
500rwhp isn't impressive at all.. Much more than that and the weak aluminium block will cave in.. It needs a sleeve job do do anything really.
It's NOT a good platform but a weak sauce motor, that's why I got rid of mine and into the Supra. Best decission ever!

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
500rwhp isn't impressive at all.. Much more than that and the weak aluminium block will cave in.. It needs a sleeve job do do anything really.
It's NOT a good platform but a weak sauce motor, that's why I got rid of mine and into the Supra. Best decission ever!

Wrong!! we are approaching 900-1000 RWHP now on stock sleeves!! The extra displacement, variable valve timing and superior flowing heads give the VQ the edge now!! Show me any supras making more TQ than HP!! True that the initial build costs more as the car is N/A stock.... but the superior motor plus a longer wheel base gives the Z the edge for a street car.

For the ultimate race car, the Supras block strength and drivetrain is unsurpassed..... in any car period!!

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Wrong!! we are approaching 900-1000 RWHP now on stock sleeves!! The extra displacement, variable valve timing and superior flowing heads give the VQ the edge now!! Show me any supras making more TQ than HP!! True that the initial build costs more as the car is N/A stock.... but the superior motor plus a longer wheel base gives the Z the edge for a street car.

For the ultimate race car, the Supras block strength and drivetrain is unsurpassed..... in any car period!!
Larry, can the stock tranny handle this kind of power? How about other components such as rear end, driveshaft, half shafts, etc.?

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Larry, can the stock tranny handle this kind of power? How about other components such as rear end, driveshaft, half shafts, etc.?

So far so good!! Our best is 9.35 at 158.9 @ 3430 lbs. Quite a few 1.4 60' launches. We do have upgraded half shafts though as they have been known to break with slicks. Everything else is stock.

·
97-6speed-TT
691 Posts
Congrats guys. Ready to see what she can put down with the new injectors. Good luck!

Dee E.

·
Registered
569 Posts
769rwhp on stock sleeves (forged bottom stuff though of course), with a lot of room to go, stock heads and stock cams too. Has a weaksauce Larry Prebis tune in it lol

tom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts