Supra Forums banner

116 Octane leaded at the track?

580 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Marcus Frost 
Originally posted by Lue:
<STRONG>2-3 tanks of leaded gas and the o2 sencor is gone. I've ran about three tanks this summer and I think my O2 is gone.
The last time a ran leaded race gas my Greddy A/F gauge didn't work fot about a week.</STRONG>
I have been running leaded race gas at the track for over 3 years with no problem at all. O2 sensors are fine and I probably have run at least 100 tanks of race gas over the years.

Let me add a word of caution on mixing race gas with pump gas... This does not result in an octane level as high as you might think. The theory that mixing equal parts race gas and pump gas will give you an octane level in the middle of the two is incorrect. Even a couple gallons of pump gas mixed with many gallons of race gas will result in an octane level only slightly better than the pump gas. If you are running boost levels over 26 psi, run straight race gas, do not mix! I have blown up two motors this way and learned some very expensive lessons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.