Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent run the car at the track as of yet so I am a little in the dark, a group of buddies are going to HRP on the 12th and the trash talking has begun already.
The car is only bpu with a boost controller, exhaust & dp, and intake. Is this car capable of a 12.1 run ? The car has made 410/445 rwhp on the dyno but this was at 20# (which I was told is not good to run on the stockers)
any pointers or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
Yes. It's possible. Get some DR and get your 60' down. It won't be easy but it's possible...

Brian

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it shouldnt be difficult to pick up some dr's here in town. I run the BFG's on my Buick so it shouldnt be too hard to get the 60' down in the Supra.
thanks guys, I was thinking I would have to gather some more bolt ons rather quickly.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats sick....what was your setup at that time ?

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
It is definately possible. You can run 20psi, but mix in some race gas if you do. Also, keep it in sequential so you can build a little boost at the line and help get that 60ft down in the 1.9-2.0 range. With a stall, you'll be in the mid/high 11s.

Steve K.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Easy and very possible. I ran 12.1-12.3 on street tires in BPU autos many times. I ran [email protected] on street tires on a 6spd car recently with only a DP and Catback. No other mods. Stock 255 tires too.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I ran 12.2 in a 6 speed with a slipping stock clutch on Kumho Ecsta 275's. Mods were air filter, DP, exhaust and boost controller. I would think you should definitely be able to do it in an auto.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is sounding more and more promising. The car only has the stock stall and I planned to run race gas just incase, maybe look for a few more tweaks not done to the car already but aside from the egr mod I think they are there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
As if you didn't have enough examples already, my 1st time to the track I had the common boost leak under the flying saucer and ran [email protected], 2nd time to the track I did [email protected], then [email protected] right after. All runs were with 2.0+ 60' times so they def could've been better, especially considering I was on BFG drag radials.

There were other guys there running the same setup as me doing better. I think the best was 11.9 from a BPU only. This was a couple of years ago and I haven't been back since.

Ash
'93 SUPRA TT BPU, no +s (Auto, stock stall)

·
Registered
814 Posts
consistent 12.0's with just an exhaust, took of the intake, race gas, n 21pnds, and DR's with a 1.8 60'...since ur car is auto just brake boost the hell out of it off the line, pull the trac fuse, DONT shift manually, n yea thats about it..

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a converter (if not a 400) is definitely in the plans, but not until I break this one...
You guys have been great, thanks for all the info...I am feeling alot better about my chances now.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
It is very likely with 410rwhp/445rwtq, even on street tires. The one problem is that Texas heat and humidity may slow you down. Most of the 11 second BPU auto times you see (including my own) are accomplished in very cool weather i.e. 50 F or lower.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts