Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i only had 3 runs in a 6 hour time span. i hate sacraceway so friggen much.

first run: [email protected]
SECOND RUND: [email protected]
third run (final run):[email protected]?????? threw it away as soon as i got it.

well my biggest problem is my 60ft. f***en sucks cause i didnt heat the tires up enough (goddamn nittos).
third run i spun out so mutch the first 100ft , and i misshifted third.

so life gos on and another dissapointing day at the trac.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
the track is tougher than a lot of people think.

from all your kills, i would have expected a much higher trap speed. didn't u race a supercharged Z06? stock Z06's run 112-116mph in the 1/4 mile. The supercharged ones do 120+, more like 122-126mph.

decent times though.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Enraged said:
so now you know for next time, heat up the nittos ALOT, and practice launching...
i ran the nitto 225/50/16's last year. yes u do have to do a major burn-out. just do a brake stand and make sure they smoke up good. let the smoke come past your windows and you'll know you've heated them up properly :)

best 60ft times i could muster was 2.0x sec. was able to rip off a 12.4 @ 115mph with those tires.

comparing with the BFG's, the nittos are much more stable on the high end. I can feel the car wander a bit more with the BFG's. this is with both tires @ 15psi. definitely due to the softer sidewall of the BFG's. i can imagine that true slicks would feel even more unstable.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
MKIIISupraGuy said:
i ran the nitto 225/50/16's last year. yes u do have to do a major burn-out. just do a brake stand and make sure they smoke up good. let the smoke come past your windows and you'll know you've heated them up properly :)

best 60ft times i could muster was 2.0x sec. was able to rip off a 12.4 @ 115mph with those tires.

comparing with the BFG's, the nittos are much more stable on the high end. I can feel the car wander a bit more with the BFG's. this is with both tires @ 15psi. definitely due to the softer sidewall of the BFG's. i can imagine that true slicks would feel even more unstable.
So what tires are you running when you run flat 12 and what pressure are these tires at and what was your 60ft for these runs?

EDIT: Looks like your 60ft times for your low 12 runs avg between 1.800 and 2.00.

Still .. what tires/tires psi/turbo psi?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
AWIDESUPIE said:
So what tires are you running when you run flat 12 and what pressure are these tires at and what was your 60ft for these runs?

EDIT: Looks like your 60ft times for your low 12 runs avg between 1.800 and 2.00.

Still .. what tires/tires psi/turbo psi?
not to hijack anyone's thread, just answering questions:

tires: BFG Comp T/A DR 255/50/16 on stock rims
Tire psi: 15
Turbo psi: 21
60ft: 1.800

·
Registered
144 Posts
the nittos are street tires yes but they are called drag radials have large blocks of tread and are pretty sticky...

i agrees E/t's all the way but the nittos are much better for town driving on the way home then e/t's

thats why ill beswitchin my wheels at the track..

Bill

B

·
0 Posts
what the HELL are you talking about trey?

have you never heard of drag radials?

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
have any of u been to sacspeed way? causetherea bunch of hillbilly dick fools, that do nothin but favor domestics.

anyway, it sounds like none of u know what u r saying.
so shut up.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Dude mike, Sac is the one of the best (if not the best) tracks in the northstate. I hear Sears point is good for spectators, but you won't hook up as well. Redding is way more redneck, and Arcata's track is like racing on an Oakland alley.

As for your traction problem -- I'm gonna go on a limb and guess that you did two of the most common no-nos.

1st -- what was your tire pressure? If more than 20psi time to lower it. You might want to start around 16psi and work from there.

2nd -- did you drive right through the water box? If so, your front tires probably dragged fluid all over the staging area. What you want to do is drive around the fluid, and back in.

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
1jz-power said:
have any of u been to sacspeed way? causetherea bunch of hillbilly dick fools, that do nothin but favor domestics.

anyway, it sounds like none of u know what u r saying.
so shut up.
True that man! I saw a mustang and camaro run freaking 2 or 3 times before I actually got to see ya run man, Sac is weak... Infineon is way better organized...

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ma71, since ur so "skilled" then lets set this race up then. anytime during the week is fine. while were at it, we need to run for something...
like pink slips. since your so "skilled and im not" then it should be easy for u and your 7m to beat me.
NO EXCUSESS, show up or shut up. u already failed once. lets see if u can atleast show up in your car.
e-mail me
[email protected]
this week it better happen.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts