Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and to be honest, im kinda leaning towards this deal even tho the harness is cut. how bad can it really be?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah its jdm. theres no ecu either, but i was thinking megasquirt anyway. its a challenge i know, but i saw a nice write up, and i think itd be a nice project to tackle.

·
Drive by Radar
1,013 Posts
What are your plans for the motor? You might want to pick up a block and head and just do a build up from there. That way you'd know everything was good from the ground up. If you're really good with wiring, the harness wouldn't be bad. I'm horrible at reading pinouts, so personally, I wouldn't do it. You can pick one up with the harness intact for another $200. Just my two cents. ;)

·
Proud MKIII Owner
2,408 Posts
Go For It, And Good Luck!

·
Toyota addicted
260 Posts
If it doesnt work out let me know ill buy a GTE for that much

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep, i bought it. soon as i figure out a way to get this big motherfather in my basement, i'll start my build thread.

·
Is it turbo? Is it stick?
4,557 Posts
i dont know about jdm, but you cant get a usdm used harness for 150-200... used they're normally 500+ and they are old and brittle. new ones are over 900 now i believe.

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
Good luck finding a mkiv twin turbo harness, they seem to be harder to find in good condition

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,349 Posts
Go standalone with a flying lead harness, if you don't already have a factory harness it's really the way to go, unless you really want to run a stock ECU that is.

Jeff

·
Registered
141 Posts
good luck finding a harness, Mine was cut and I had to buy a new one from the toyota dealer which cost with my discount around 750, then you need yo splice it with the old harness from whatever engine you were running before, Its a hassle especially if you cant wire it yourself cuz then you have to send it to a company like phoenix tuning which costs another 600, cut wiring harness=nightmare, ive been workin on my swap for 2 1/2 years

1 - 20 of 25 Posts