Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering if anyone had any pictures that would help with the 12 volt mod. I searched and came up with this, "Exhaust side of engine bay, right by the fuel pump relay. Looks like a silver box with fins on it, 2 wire connector. The four wire connector goes to the fuel pump relay. You want to jumper the two wire connector, just leave the resistor sitting there (it is attached to the relay braket)." But so far no luck. Any pics would be good

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
IMo it does nothing.
But its on the pass side of the bay right next to the strut tower. Just unplug it and jump it. takes 15 seconds to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright sweet i thought that was it just wasnt sure. mod worked great by the way car runs a lot better, a lot smoother between vacuum and boost. now its time to start re-tuning. thanks

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i just cut the yellow wire...
it showed my fuel pressure at idle to go from like 36 to about 40psi.

·
Registered
375 Posts
so you can just cut the yellow wire then?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hate to ask this too but anyone got pictures of what box. I got a GTE in a Cressida and things are a little different in my engine bay, just wanna make sure I got the right component before I go do anything.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
why did you say it does nothing?
if running a walbro will it help?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
never heard of this, will it help if your car is stock? what about strain on the fuel pump?

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
I'm sure they did that because fuel dilivery is mabye better @ 36 then 40, by that i meen thats its smoother... 4 course its better @ 40 for some nice power but when your just croseing the injectors probably run smoother @ 36. And i dought that the fuel pump will be strained.. its not like its not made to run 40 right?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
What is actually does is when the ecu switches from closed loop to open loop under acceleration the volts go from 7.5 or something like that to 12. So what this does when switching to 12v is makes the car run lean for a couple seconds till it gets the whole 12v. Hope you can understand that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've heard of some people doing because it's much easier to tune instead of working around the volt switch.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
i just use new relay new wire and left the stock junk to rot

·
"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
713 Posts
So you just jump the terminals in the 2 terminal connector and the fuel pump instantly runs at 12v??

·
7m love... dont hate.
2,571 Posts
ya but you use more fuel when your not in boost. its 12v when in boost and 9v when your not. and it shouldnt take more than half a sec to switch between the 2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts