Supra Forums banner

13.5@117... I need help

451 views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  jdmuscle 
#1 ·
hi guys. i know my times suck ass. this supra is nothing like my camaro when it comes to drag racing. i got a 2.460ft on this run. this was also on street tires. will BFG's take care of my traction problem and how the hell do you launch a manual?

thanks in advance.

#9 ·
thanks guys... keep the ideas coming. this supra is much harder to launch than my camaro ever was.

any yes,, this car is not stock. this is the really sad part. i ran a 9.2 in the 1.8 mile. the car broke loose and i had to let off then get on it again.

#10 ·
I'm betting it broke loose at teh 2nd to third shift. It did that on mine too, I'm also guessing you're in sequential mode. When i converted to TTC it was easier to drive down the track as the power came in much smoother.

#13 ·
Hmmm, 117 is pretty low for a SP61GT running 20psi. I would make sure everything is running right with the car and possibly throw in a new set of plugs and reset the ECU. Did you do a compression check on this car yet?

#14 ·
AlpineTT said:
Hmmm, 117 is pretty low for a SP61GT running 20psi. I would make sure everything is running right with the car and possibly throw in a new set of plugs and reset the ECU. Did you do a compression check on this car yet?

lol.. sorry i forgot one MAJOR detail... it's a 7m-gte. i have a mk3 supra. (runs and hides in a corner)

#15 ·
Damn dude, you got us all!!!! I guess we all know what ASSUME does now dont we? You should still be able to run 11's with that setup. You will just need to practice alot to get the 60 down.

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.