Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
I went 142.xx on stock bottom end with HKS 272's. I also had valve springs and retainers. 145 is very realistic, and if im not mistaking, people have done it.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
I went 143mph with a 71Q, built toyo trans and a 50 shot (good God did that feel good :bowdown: ) . I really doubt the trans will last much longer though, its already starting to hit the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift :(

All Stock motor with the exception of 264's in the car....mostly full weight except for bogarts and NA brakes.

Andrew

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
I went 142 mph on stock bottom end and head, but with 264 cams and a punny PTE/BL67P w/.68 AR Exhaust housing on bfg drs. And BL Tranny & 3800 TC.

vnt :)

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
wow val, that is a serious mph for a auto on your setup.. i hope to be close to that ,but i have the th400 so im sure itll soak up the rwhp and mph against your built auto?? i hope to touch 9's on just boost alone with a fully built motor now and lots of head work with a small turbo like yours.

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
wow val, that is a serious mph for a auto on your setup.. i hope to be close to that ,but i have the th400 so im sure itll soak up the rwhp and mph against your built auto?? i hope to touch 9's on just boost alone with a fully built motor now and lots of head work with a small turbo like yours.
I'm sure you'll trap quite close, heck this time I plan to run at least close to 150 mph on the 74mm. I'm going to try for 9s' or bust!!!

I'm on a fully built motor also now, since the 67...and just recently added the 272 cams and a msp intake manifold, kaaz lsd (running a 10.0 on an open diff is no fun :lol: )and the correct head gasket is in, we'll see what happens..... :1poke:

My compression has increased significantly also....Paul informed with me with the wrong gasket it was at 110 psi per cylinder w/the Hks 2.0 and now with the stocker back in and the head milled ever so slightly we're at 155 psi per cylinder and he's said that spool has improved significantly with the 74....he even said that he was able to build 12lbs of boost brake boosting it :bowdown: while holding down the foot brake and ebrake! :bowdown:

vnt

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not talking hypotheticals guys.. How many have done it? I know Titan Motorsports did it with Byron Stewart's car several years ago with a T88H. I read this on Titan's site, but it is not clear on if he used spray to accomplish this. One thing I have learned about the SF many love to brag about their accomplishments or someone else's on the SF. If someone did it several years ago then there should be a bunch of people doing it now with ease. I always hear that auto's have a hard time getting good mph w/out a lot of spray, so if this is the case then you obviously cant push a non built bottom end too far to get good mph or the motor wont last long. Technology has come a long way since Byron Stewart's run, so there has to be many on this forum or somewhere running 145mph plus on a non built bottom end with stock heads..

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
142 MPH on 6spd with 272s, crower valvetrain and stock bottom end.

I'm going for 145's this weekend.

DP

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Suprafied said:
142 MPH on 6spd with 272s, crower valvetrain and stock bottom end.

I'm going for 145's this weekend.

DP
74 mm turbo right, good luck! :)

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
vntperformance said:
I'm sure you'll trap quite close, heck this time I plan to run at least close to 150 mph on the 74mm. I'm going to try for 9s' or bust!!!

I'm on a fully built motor also now, since the 67...and just recently added the 272 cams and a msp intake manifold, kaaz lsd (running a 10.0 on an open diff is no fun :lol: )and the correct head gasket is in, we'll see what happens..... :1poke:

My compression has increased significantly also....Paul informed with me with the wrong gasket it was at 110 psi per cylinder w/the Hks 2.0 and now with the stocker back in and the head milled ever so slightly we're at 155 psi per cylinder and he's said that spool has improved significantly with the 74....he even said that he was able to build 12lbs of boost brake boosting it :bowdown: while holding down the foot brake and ebrake! :bowdown:

vnt
Dammit Val...the suspense is KILLING me! Get that damn thing to the track before 100 deg temps and 100% humidity gets here. I am turbo shopping right now...I want to see what this turbo is capable of on a 3800/built auto.

Jason

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lets keep this on track. Val has a built bottom end.. This is about non built bottom ends..

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
DaTruth said:
Lets keep this on track. Val has a built bottom end.. This is about non built bottom ends..
DaTruth,

I think your mistaken on my statement....when I trapped the 142 mph, I was on bone stock bottom end, heck even stock intake manifold, but now that i've changed the setup I am on a built bottom end. I hope i'm not confusing myself on your statement!!!!! :1poke:

vnt

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vntperformance said:
DaTruth,

I think your mistaken on my statement....when I trapped the 142 mph, I was on bone stock bottom end, heck even stock intake manifold, but now that i've changed the setup I am on a built bottom end. I hope i'm not confusing myself on your statement!!!!! :1poke:

vnt

I read your post and it is fine. Many keep asking when are you going to hit the track again when I am talking about stock bottom end cars in this thread. You have a built bottom end currently.

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
DaTruth said:
I read your post and it is fine. Many keep asking when are you going to hit the track again when I am talking about stock bottom end cars in this thread. You have a built bottom end currently.

I gotcha! Well i'm picking the car up from MSP once its dynoed and tuned this week but then its going off for paint, so I plan to run it towards the end of June!!!!! Heck I still need to take it for Emissions testing the damn tags are dead :lol:

vnt

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
DaTruth said:
I am not talking hypotheticals guys.. How many have done it? I know Titan Motorsports did it with Byron Stewart's car several years ago with a T88H. I read this on Titan's site, but it is not clear on if he used spray to accomplish this. One thing I have learned about the SF many love to brag about their accomplishments or someone else's on the SF. If someone did it several years ago then there should be a bunch of people doing it now with ease. I always hear that auto's have a hard time getting good mph w/out a lot of spray, so if this is the case then you obviously cant push a non built bottom end too far to get good mph or the motor wont last long. Technology has come a long way since Byron Stewart's run, so there has to be many on this forum or somewhere running 145mph plus on a non built bottom end with stock heads..
Byron's car was a stock bottom end car with a stock SP transmision. It had a SP 74 / 272 cams and 150shot nitrous/propane mix on when it went a 9.9 @ TX with a 1.9 60' on a Stock ECU with VPC. After Texas Byron wanted more and went with a T88H and TH400, hoewver we sold the car prior to running it on this setup. This is still one of my favorite cars to this day and it now resides in TX and now has a completely different setup (although I would bet it still has less than 10k miles on it).

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
onelove said:
Byron's car was a stock bottom end car with a stock SP transmision. It has a 150shot nitrous/propane mix on it. It went a 9.9 @ TX with a 1.9 60' on a Stock ECU with VPC. This is still one of my favorite cars to this day and it now resides in TX after I sold it for Byron a few years ago.
Impressive, what was the mph?

Sounds very similar to Duy's car he ran a 9.9 on stock bottom end but on a BL Tranny with a 50-100 shot.

vnt

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
vntperformance said:

Sounds very similar to Duy's car he ran a 9.9 on stock bottom end but on a BL Tranny with a 50-100 shot.

vnt
146mph..

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
vntperformance said:

vnt
146. It had quite a bit more in it but B lost interest after going the 9. The irony, at the time Nero's phone number ended in 9SEC however he didn't have a car capable of that, and Byrons car went 9's before the race car did, so Nero will never heard the end of that one :) Hopefully he'll catch the bug again so I can get started on making his Ford GT go 9s.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
vntperformance said:
I gotcha! Well i'm picking the car up from MSP once its dynoed and tuned this week but then its going off for paint, so I plan to run it towards the end of June!!!!! Heck I still need to take it for Emissions testing the damn tags are dead :lol:

vnt
I have no doubt your car will ride out. Your times have always impressed all. I am still in Afghanistan. My buddies are hooking me up. My car should be almost done by the time I get home in January. Trying to mod two cars is difficult, but I am up to the task.. The C5 is getting upgrades as well..

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
onelove: Thats very impressive!!!!!! Is the GT red?

DaTruth: I look forward to seeing your car run, be safe in Afgh!

vnt :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts