Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i just thought i'd post this and then ask if anyone keeps track of their mpg's. im still running only the apexi air filter. i dont usually romp on it but since the air fliter went on but ive noticed it shifts around 3.5k in first and 4k in second, opposed to 3k in 1st and 3.6 k in second. would this be the cause of my lower mpg's? or is it something else. is all this extra air thats going in using more gas(and not actually sparking it)) or is this normal now. ( i run an auto tranny))
any input is appreciated. keep track over the next few weeks for me? thanks guys. i hope theres no other problem in this.

Bob

PS. WHERES MY GAS GOIN?:eek:

·
road hazard
452 Posts
i've been getting a good 320-340 miles out of a full tank lately. thats about 17-20mpg for me. althought 75% of my driving is highway at 85+mph and 25% city driving.

it could be your driving habits.

R

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. If you do a lot of city driving, your mileage will suck. I can get 250 out of a tank doing 85% city driving. Now I can get what Billy is getting if I'm on the highway.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
yea, i don't think you have to worry about anything. if you're doing a lot of stop and go driving, ~16mpg is completely normal. hell, my original toyota sticker sheet says "15 and 21 mpg in the city and between."

cruise control can save you a lot of gas too if you can use it often.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cruise control...heh , i dont know how to work that thing. never learned cuz you cant use it around here anymore. which totally sucks. yea i do a lot of stop and go..but maintain a steady speed in between stops:D . the only thing is before the air filter we were getting like 18-19 in the same conditions. thats what my real concern was. my dad usually pays for gas anyway ;)
later guys
Bob

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
My car gets anywhere from 10-15mpg around town (depends on how much I boost). The last road trip I took it got 24mpg.

S

·
0 Posts
I average 22-23 mpg normally. Thats city with some highway...I drive like an old man though...I shift at 2500 and am in 5th by 30 mph and stay there.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
S_Flex said:
I average 22-23 mpg normally. Thats city with some highway...I drive like an old man though...I shift at 2500 and am in 5th by 30 mph and stay there.
damn grandpa.:p thats really good mpg for mostly city driving, i assume. to top it off, its a manual too.

S

·
0 Posts
toysupra1 said:

damn grandpa.:p thats really good mpg for mostly city driving, i assume. to top it off, its a manual too.
LOL...yea mostly city, but not only do I hit 5th by 30, I'm also in nuetral down almost every hill, so much so that my brother was riding with me and asked "damn man, Is Nuetral your favorite gear?"

I once managed to get 27 mpg in the city but I coasted everywhere and stayed about 10 under the speed limit the whole tank.

most people would think that an old person was driving if they came up from behind me ....but no, I'm only 19. Maybe I'm just really mature, but more likely I'm just extremely cheap with my gas money:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts