Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a quick question about 15's. I love a huge sound, i was just wondering if putting 2 15" Diamond Mac.'s Would be better than having 3 or 4 12's or 10's. Zee

W

·
0 Posts
especially when comparing subs of the same brand, 3 or 4 12's would be louder than just 2 15's. more cone area;)

M

·
0 Posts
actually two fifteens would have more cone area than three twelves, especially if you were to do actually cone area not including the surround. though the 4 12s would have more cone area. also, the two fifteens would have more cone area than the four tens. plus, cone area is not the only factor into volume. all being said i think i would personally go with four tens, i just like the way they sound better
note:i mistyped in my first try

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
"actually two fifteens would have more cone area than three fifteens"

:wtf: :scratch: :spank:

I think you meant 2 fifteens have more cone area than 3 12's?? Either way, 1 15" sub (decent quality, not some name-brand cheapo sub) will outsweep 2 12's. 2 15's would outsweep 4 12's. Cone area means shit, unless you multiply it by Xmax (or linear travel)

Sigh.. never understood "ghetto blasters"

Why not a nice single 15" super-sub in a sealed enclosure and about ~1600 WRMS? SQ and SPL.

If you want overhanging, bloated, nasty, boomy street bass... check these out..

http://nexxon.com/funkypup/funkypup.htm

W

·
0 Posts
Zylo said:
Either way, 1 15" sub (decent quality, not some name-brand cheapo sub) will outsweep 2 12's. 2 15's would outsweep 4 12's.
not always the case.;)
i was referring to subs of the same brand/model. however, if you're comparing different subs, then there IS a lot more factors than just cone area, i agree. linear displacement, for example.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
yup you also have to look at what everything is made out of, its Xmax, RMS power handling, brand, and price. if the price sounds too good to be true it IS. there are companies out there that say their subs will handle 2000 watts and it only costa $150.... chances are that sub is crap.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
wumpscut69 said:
not always the case.;)
i was referring to subs of the same brand/model. however, if you're comparing different subs, then there IS a lot more factors than just cone area, i agree. linear displacement, for example.
ok put it this way.. the 15's I have in mind WILL out sweep any pair of 12's, including the 12's in its own lineup :D

mwahahahha :evil:

W

·
0 Posts
Zylo said:
ok put it this way.. the 15's I have in mind WILL out sweep any pair of 12's, including the 12's in its own lineup :D

mwahahahha :evil:
out of curiosity, what subs are you going with?

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
wumpscut69 said:
out of curiosity, what subs are you going with?
haven't decided yet. It will be a single 15" sub.

Brahma 15 (MKII version)
ED 15A
JL 15W3
Crystal CMPX2

I'd love to get ahold of a Phoenix Gold Cyclone... sigh... :drooling:

W

·
0 Posts
Zylo said:
haven't decided yet. It will be a single 15" sub.

Brahma 15 (MKII version)
ED 15A
JL 15W3
Crystal CMPX2

I'd love to get ahold of a Phoenix Gold Cyclone... sigh... :drooling:
IMO, the brahma would be the best choice out of those. with the A coming in at a close second. why would you consider the w3, when the A and the brahma are in comparison with the w7?

agreed, PG cyclone=:drooling:
:D

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
wumpscut69 said:
IMO, the brahma would be the best choice out of those. with the A coming in at a close second. why would you consider the w3, when the A and the brahma are in comparison with the w7?

agreed, PG cyclone=:drooling:
:D
Why w3? Friend has one... cheap ;)

I am 99% set on a Brahma :)

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
I tell you what, 2 fifteen Crossfires will have you soundin for blocks. Diamonds are the next closest thing I've heard to the crossfires. But remember with 15s u must have alot of watts to push them. 3 or 4 12s wont outdue 2 15s in sound. Mybe SQ or SPL but not as far as loudness or vibratin. i personally run 15s only. i will never go back down to 12s or 10s.

W

·
0 Posts
3 or 4 12s wont outdue 2 15s in sound.
the 15's I have in mind WILL out sweep any pair of 12's
both statements are inaccurate.
there's too many variables that would prove that wrong. install being the biggest one. you could take 2 15's poorly installed, and compare them against 1 12 properly installed, and the 12 will out perform the 15's in every aspect.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how much is it going to cost to say put two fifteen's "properly" installed? or is that to broad of a question? Zee

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you want loud go with TREO, like 4 12inch TREO TSX, thats what i got in my Grand Marquis and its ruthless
But if you want to be HEARD go with 1 or 2 15 inch TREO SSX with 2 Directed 2400D's one for each sub

You WILL BE HEARD,
Dont get a sealed box if you want to be heard, Get a Ported box, mines tuned to 35 HZ

www.treoonline.com

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wana be head but i also want it to be clear, so i guess a mix b/t loud and clear. I don't just want base.. at all, i want concert sound in my trunk... Zee

1 - 20 of 34 Posts