Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Larry at SP told me they do a little "grinding" on the rear calipers to use 16" drag wheels on a T/T. Sometimes they use N/A brakes.

I see SW has some FAT rear meats at the track, and Angel's T88 ride has some big CCW wheels with matching skinny fronts.:confused: Anyone have any ideas on fitment, size, brand, etc? Can it be done with NO brake caliper mods? I want to run 26X10.5X16 or 26X11.5X16 ET Street on at least a 16X9 wheel...

M

·
0 Posts
3rd generation RX7 rims. 16/8", fit in the back with TT calipers, no spacers no grinding. SUPER lightweight, like 10Lbs each. You can mount both your tire choices on them. I picked up my like new pair for $170 shipped, ThePartsTrader.com Mazda Rotary section.

S

·
0 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Larry at SP told me they do a little "grinding" on the rear calipers to use 16" drag wheels on a T/T. Sometimes they use N/A brakes.

I see SW has some FAT rear meats at the track, and Angel's T88 ride has some big CCW wheels with matching skinny fronts.:confused: Anyone have any ideas on fitment, size, brand, etc? Can it be done with NO brake caliper mods? I want to run 26X10.5X16 or 26X11.5X16 ET Street on at least a 16X9 wheel...
I just got some in the other week. I have some 16x9 Bogarts fitted with 26x11.5" ET Streets. The You'll need a 16x9 is you want to run the 11.5's for sure. If you go with Bogarts, you will have to grind the rear caliper but I haven't put them on yet to find out where. I have heard that the grinding is so slight (less than 1/4") it can be done with a hand file so it isn't a big deal.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys!

Angel, tell me about that CCW combo you run. Front and rear!

A

·
0 Posts
Give the shop a call and talk to Nero he has all the specs and info on them. 407-977-9732

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've seen a few people running the RX7 16s and they all had the slightest little scratch mark on the inside of the wheel from the stock TT calipers... But it didn't look like a major deal.

F

·
0 Posts
Angel said:
Give the shop a call and talk to Nero he has all the specs and info on them. 407-977-9732
Hi Angel

You telling me those wheels up front didn't require n/a brake calipers?
I spoke to the guys at Bogart and told me the large sized calipers were a problem for 16" skinnies to fit up front and I thought I spoke to Nero and he told me that you guys used n/a calipers.
Hell Chris Jones wants some skinnies really bad up front.So I would like to know if this is true.

Frisbee

A

·
0 Posts
No, we are using stock untouched TT calipers. We are running a thin spacer on the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts