Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
13,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just starting fun lapping days, and i've been doing it on my 18's but i'm melting the tires off since i'm going every monday!

I was thinking to keep costs lower on tires (since they are 30-40% more in Canada) to switch to 16"'s for the back and the 17's to clear the TT breaks.

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
The tire selection for 16" rears are very limited, most are 225 in width. There only a few 245 street tire selection and one 245 RA-1 selection for 16" rears. Any higher in width are just all-seasons (if there are any).

I would suggest getting dedicated track rims in 17" at least.

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
No, but the tire selection really doesn't go beyond 245's on the 16" arena which is a huge disadvantage for a TT Supra.

· Registered
162 Posts
Combos

From a cost standpoint, its easier to run the stock rear TT wheels on all four corners with 275 tires.I've been doing it for years now.You can also rotate the tires around to increase their treadlife.I would suggest finding some used racetires.I just ran some Hoosiers during a threeday trackevent at Vir.The increased traction was amazing but, what really impressed me was that they remained consistent for the entire lapping session.After threedays they only showed minor wear. The hardpart will probably be finding some in the 17in wheel size.Mine came off a Koni Challange BMW.Enjoy your newfound addition.

Philip94TT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.