Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Recovering Supraholic
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 17 psi the top boost that the T mod will allow to boost?
Would a MBC allow me to go 18 to "19"PSI (I know 19 is a little to much for the stockers)????

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
How big is the bleed port hole in the tee you already have? If you increase that hole size, it will boost higher since it will take more boost to open the wastegate. I tried a few different sizes when I had that mod early on.

I would be less concerned about occasionally hitting 19+ on the stockers and more concerned about safe octane level in general. If you intend to boost over 18psi, you'd better have higher octane than 93pump. Tank up on 105 race gas to be safe, and then reset your ECU so it can "relearn" that boosting higher is OK and not pull timing.

·
Recovering Supraholic
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nick, I run 110 so I think I'll be safe, I'll try a bigger diameter T

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nick pretty much covered it, 110 will DEFINITELY be enough for all the stockers can blow, are you holding that boost or is it dropping to redline?

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you just pull both wastegate hoses, you will quickly find out how much it can really boost.

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
Luna said:
Is 17 psi the top boost that the T mod will allow to boost?
Would a MBC allow me to go 18 to "19"PSI (I know 19 is a little to much for the stockers)????
Depending on the health of your stock turbos, 19psi may not be too much. There are far too many people on this forum that simply regurgitate whatever they hear or read with no real experience. I know you met Alexei (modded Silver Audi S4) at Redline...he intentionally tried to pop the twins a few times before we went single. Couldn't do it.

And I KNOW you remember those runs on Friday night with me, Greg, and AJ between Inkster and Woodward...haha. Well, I was on 110 with 12.3:1 AFR. The car spiked to 25+psi and held 23.5psi to redline, and this was with the DSBC at G100, R92. The car is an absolute blast to drive on that setup. The car is 400+rwhp on 93, and seems boring at 18psi. I've been doing this for months after springing my wastegate, and the twins haven't shown any sign of degredation. But if they do, oh well. I've got my eye on a 67P or GTQ anyway...

I'll be gone this weekend, but if you wanna meet next Friday, I'll grab some 110, change the settings, and we'll go for a ride. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

honda_s2001 said:
...110 will DEFINITELY be enough for all the stockers can blow...
Well, not always. For the guys who are really jackin up the boost, 22+psi blows a LOT of hot air. I dont know where it is exactly, cuz I found it in a search, but someone was logging timing with a OBDII scantool and found the car was still pulling timing every now and then at 23psi. I haven't logged mine yet, but if its a cool night I'll richen things up a bit. Just FYI...

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
I used to hit 21-22 on the stockers :) twas nice.

·
Recovering Supraholic
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sure remember the runs ... (less traffic would have been perfect)
Is there a good thred about how to spring the wastegate.
thanks

·
Supraforums Member
705 Posts
Yea there are a ton of threads on the springing the wastegate. You can search and find most of them with pictures and all. It's a pretty simple thing to do. You attach one end of the spring to the wastegate arm and then stretch the other end forward to a hole in the water pump.

·
Registered
967 Posts
^^^Yup, maybe the most detailed and discussed thread is "MTRs" secret sauce mod thread regarding the spring mod.

·
Recovering Supraholic
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Holly Shit what a diference, I know i'm going to trash my trans and turbos at a firm 25psi, but I don' care I'm boost junky :rockon:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts