Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone kept their 16" na wheels in front but, had the 17"TT wheels in the back? I wonder if this would upset the handling at all.

S

·
0 Posts
it wouldn't affect handling if you get the right tyres.
why are you asking?

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
kbprice said:
Don't Acura NSX's come stock that way, 17's up front 18's out back?
Not sure about the NSX, but many modified cars do this, especially old school muscle cars, and it looks great. And IMO, the Supra, as an import, is the closest thing to a muscle car. It couldn't look that bad at all. Photoshop?

--Justin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason that I'm asking is that I hate the look of the rear tires on na rims. The sidewall of the tire on the 16" rim is to damn tall. I thought if I went to 17's in back it would improve the appearance of the car and keep the same total diameter so that the speedo won't be off.
Plus...I'm cheap and just bought brand new 16" Kumos for the front.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
blacksupra94 said:
Dude, if you had 17" in front and 16" in rear, that would look straight up retarted!
you got it backwards

and i bet if you put the TT 17's in the rear you will get tremendous understeer. When I was at stock width, I would understeer a lot

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
i think the 17s alloys from the TT and the 16 inch na rims are similar, but idont even think they are the same rim, the spokes on the 17s are much wider, i think it would look like shit.

S

·
0 Posts
hey vvtisupra, is that britney in your sig? what track video is that from?

S

·
0 Posts
vvtisupra: toxic video huh? man she looks hot there!

just get 17's all around! that 16 front and 17 rear only works with deep dish rims

1 - 15 of 15 Posts