Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for new rims, and seem to only find $$Volks$$ with the proper offset and size. What are some cheap alternatives for some wider rubber. 17x9 is preffered.

Thanks,
Dominic

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
i'm for some enkeis as well, but i forgot the brand name - i'm going that route as well...
RPF1 is what i'm looking at. now please, don't get it just cuz i said it lol

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
ive been looking at ADR, they have two designs that they sell in 18x8.5, 18x9.5.... but they are ADR, so not the best quality, not the lightest wheel.... depends on what you want to spend. another thing to look into is billet aluminum wheels from places like boyd coddington, they often have lower cost lines, and offer custom offsets.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
I have the adr m-sport in 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 using 23540zr18 in front and 28530zr18 in rear. I have no rub. If the tires used in the rear have a lip to protectthe rim 285 may rub. Make sure you get tires from a good wheel installer of after market rims like I did.

·
Registered
948 Posts
waht about a wide 16 or 17" rim

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
ADR Cypher comes in 17x9. Good luck finding em though. I don't know what the deal is with everyone questioning ADRs quality. I even posted about it not too long ago. They're not Advans, but leave ADR alone. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I finally found some wheels I like as much as the Work Equips and Kinesis K58R, but the widest they make them in the inexpensive 1-peice version is 7.5" wide. They sell the same looking wheel in a lighter 2-peice forged aluminum in just about any width you want, but they cost $550 each, whereas the 1-peice are in the mid-100s each. They are 5Zigen 5ZRs.

Excuse the Honduh pic:

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
the way they are made makes them inherently weaker than a high quality forging such as Volks. personally, for the price of the ADRs (~$800-900) i think they are excellent. spending $3000 on rims alone (Volks) is pretty hard to swallow, even if they may be better quality...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts