Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering about rims sizes and if there is an affect on supras. As my profile says, I use to own a GSX, I knew that when I had that car that if I went with 18's it would hurt my performance a little, so I always stayed with 17s. Well, as with the supra a lot of people go with 18's which look very good. But it seems to be the thing now days to go with the bigger rim. I'm wondering if there is a noticalbe difference between 18 and 19 inch rims? If so is it that big of a difference?
Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
No, if your supra is over BPU it doesent really matter lol. 19s fit so nice. I Wouldn't run less, at least 19s in the rear, 18s up front.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
19's look nice, but if your making any kind of power then youll never have traction. There is nothing even slightly close to a drag radial/soft compound tire in 19" size.

P

·
0 Posts
TrustSupra said:
No, if your supra is over BPU it doesent really matter lol. 19s fit so nice. I Wouldn't run less, at least 19s in the rear, 18s up front.
I don't think all 19s fit so nice (or even 18s for that matter). You will have to pay close attention to offsets and tire height with the 19s. Save your money when it comes time to replace those rear tires (which won't take long)

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Supra NA
174 Posts
Am I the only one that had to cut out my wheel well fender covers to fit 18s? I would figure that with 19s you'd have to chop out the entire inside of the wheel well and get coilovers to get some lift. My 18" enkei rims fit nicely but I cracked one in a spin out and my MOMOs rubbed the inside of the wheel well. Nothing the dremel couldn't handle.

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
19s are pure looks, not alot of traction. I had to remove the covers for the 19s to fit, but there isnt alot of rub, only if you turn fast or something.

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
Thomas Anderson said:
Am I the only one that had to cut out my wheel well fender covers to fit 18s? I would figure that with 19s you'd have to chop out the entire inside of the wheel well and get coilovers to get some lift. My 18" enkei rims fit nicely but I cracked one in a spin out and my MOMOs rubbed the inside of the wheel well. Nothing the dremel couldn't handle.
Maybe you just should stop buying 55profile for you wheels :D :D
(Joking)

P

·
0 Posts
Thomas Anderson said:
This was because of a sub-optimal offset.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Its not that hard to fit a 19 if you can read. Just get the right offset and you wont have a problem. I run 19x10 with 295's and they do not rub at all. 18's or 19's wont make and difference for traction if you have any power. I dont give a shit what people say. I have had 17-18-19's and I would keep the 19's all day. Besides, if you drive a supra, you should wanna ball out on the 19's.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
lessthanryan28 said:
18's or 19's wont make and difference for traction if you have any power. I dont give a shit what people say.
You bring your 19's and Ill bring my 18's with some nice BFG drags on them, Im pretty sure after I put 1-2 cars on you befor 50mph you will change your mind :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.