Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know something about the fuel pump. If I run 18 volts to the fuel pump, will it give me more pressure? And in turn an added measure of safety with in the higher gears and moderate boost? I have a T-78 with stock fuel right now and my fuel system is maxed out. So will more pressure add kind of a safety zone when it comes to air/fuel? Can the pump handle it? This idea has been on my mind and is by no means a "fuel system'. It's just a stop-gap solution until I get the fuel upgrade.

Eric

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have limited electronics knowledge, however I do know that running it at that higher voltage will almost definately yield nothing good in the long run :) I've never heard of anyone doing this, so do @ your own risk. Remember you DO need that fuel pump when you do your fuel system, so don't blow it up! :)

·
boost is good
772 Posts
when the stock fuel is maxed out, there isnt much else you can do but replace everything. the stock fuel componets are matched pretty well together i believe and replaces just one or a couple componts wont yeild much improvment. all the stuff is limited to eachother

·
Registered
332 Posts
outlaw,

Try this: 850 blitz injectors(they fit the stock rail), 2 fuel pump, a NOS Y fitting, some 6 AN line for the 2nd fuel pump, use a aftermarket FPR. Also some misc. fittings.

I know it sounds alot but it will put you in the very "safe zone" . It will be cheaper than a full system , but should be good for 600RWHP.

-TY

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
can you put smaller injectors in that will fit???
TYWRAP said:
outlaw,

Try this: 850 blitz injectors(they fit the stock rail), 2 fuel pump, a NOS Y fitting, some 6 AN line for the 2nd fuel pump, use a aftermarket FPR. Also some misc. fittings.

I know it sounds alot but it will put you in the very "safe zone" . It will be cheaper than a full system , but should be good for 600RWHP.

-TY

·
boost is good
772 Posts
TYWRAP said:
outlaw,

-TY
blitz injectors are like 165 each, you would spend almost 1000 just them. for that price you could get a fuel rail and injectors from SP.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was mulling over the fuel thing today again and came up with this, which I'm sure has been done before. Keep the stock fuel system in place, except get a new fuel pressure regulator and do the fuel bypass. Add a second pump, lines, regulator, and other fittings to the end of a stock rail fitted with stock injectors. Mount the second (stock) rail and injectors directly onto the intake manifold. Now here is the tricky part. Take the wires that go to each origional injector and splice into them, running the third end to each one of the other injectors. Injector 1 to Secondary injector 1 and so on. That way when the ECU sends volatge to one injector, it will also send to the other. That will no doubt make you run super rich, but with the VPC and S-AFC, or similar sub-computers, the air fuel can be carefully tuned. This set-up should take care of any and all lean conditions (if it works):) If anyone has heard of this, please let me know or post a link because all thse parts can be gotten for super cheap and the labor won't be that heart stopping.

Eric

T-78, 500 rwhp w/stock fuel and 152500 miles? Now that's a goal.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You can get the 850CC injectors that are side feed for our rail cheaper than 165. Blitz uses Denso. Sorry I shold have put that(Denso).

I think that splicing into the injectors is a bad idea. If you keep your stock injectors run a second pump and a AIC with 2 550,720,850, or even 1000CC injectors. before the throttle body.
I would stick wiht the smaller due to price, but it would allow you to boost alittle higher and have some fuel. I wouldn't go over 75RWHP worth of fuel though due to where the injectors are mounted.

I'm just throwing out ideas.

-TY

·
Registered
332 Posts
outlaw,

How do you know that the stock system is maxed out. A/F ratio? Getting detonation? just a guess?

I'm thinking about putting in a T78, but I want some fuel also. I know that the AIC is a band aid, but some fuel is better than no fuel. 2 550 injectors should be able to provide some fuel needs. distribution is my only concern. HKS has said that as long as the fuel demand is not too high the AIC will provide the extra fuel. A and L racing RX-7 ran a AIC for some time before going to a standalone management.

A T-78 running 18 PSI with 8 550CC injectors should still be in the safety zone. A egt would be good though to make sure your rear cylinders are getting enogh fuel.

Also adding water injection should help wiht 1 or 2 psi of boost. It works on other engines to control detonation. I anyones knows why it wouldn't help wiht a single please chime in. I'm curious about this. I've seen DSM's run 4 extra psi with water injection. One was using a Frank(?)16G and the other a 20G.

TY

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was on the dyno on a couple of times on different days and saw for myself that above 6000 rpm the air/fuel ratio got a little on the lean side. The system is completely maxed, but for 152500 miles, it doesn't owe me a thing. There's no detonation or miss or anything like that. I'm really disappointed that all the big stores sell there kits for at least 2300 dollars. I wish someone with some knowledge would take, on an order by order basis,
orders for fuel systems. I'm sure someone, an individual maybe, has a lot more experience and corporate hook-ups than I do and would be able to put together a system to support up to 700 rwhp. They could charge a lot less than the big guys and still make a killing. I would be first in line because soon I will have to "stroke the check" for a new fuel system and paying 2300 dollars without installation will have me cursing all the way. Anyone want to start their own business? Sell affordable fuel systems.

Eric

T-78, 500 rwhp w/stock fuel and 152500 miles? Now that's a goal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts