Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you all have done this swap, well the 2jzgte swap with a single. I would want to get some help on doing this.

I want to put a 2jzge on there with a 5speed, but i want to put a single turbo on it as well for only 10psi daily, about 15psi MAX if i decide to crank it up a bit. Its a light car, so i think 10psi daily will be perfect.

The car currently has full 3" exhaust system so theres only slight mod to do for the exhaust. It has walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump.

Im also going to run a greddy emanage on the setup one time for a good tune.

Im more interested on what are everything i will need for the turbo part and how hard is it to fit it in the car? Mounts wise, space wise, oil filter wise lol. Custom mounting brackets can be made, i have people to do that for me, but any pics would be useful as well. Doing the work home here with some help.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Do more research. If you insist on a 2JZGE-T, visit Club NA-T or SM to see what those guys are doing. There have been a few of these lately. However by the time you get all the parts and do all the labor, I think you'd be close to an Aristo clip so why not just go 2jz-gte with an R154? :dunno:

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got a n/a 2jz doing nothing home, so i decided i'd use what i have

·
No Excuses..!
847 Posts
I had a 240sx with a 1jz. Mines was an s14.
10psi on an NA will get you in the 400's. To be honest
that is alot of power for that car. You can alway go higher but you are pushing the limit of traction at 10psi and 15psi is overkill. You'll have to get DragRadial or something of that nature to keep the car hooked, which as a daily driver DD are not recommended.
OVerall..... GO FOR IT MAN..! you got my vote.

·
2JZ NA-T MKIII
666 Posts
I'm interested in doing this into an S15, does anyone know if there is a kit other than the 2jzswap.com kit? It would be nice to have a subframe all ready to go for the 2JZ.. custom DS and tranny mount isn't a big deal IMHO.

Edit: S14*

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
If you have an s15, you better not DARE put a 2jz in that beotch... it will probably deprecaite.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol yea, i got the aristo front sump home here, so its just to swap that out.

Damn i did'nt no 10psi would be so much, so then 7psi should be more like it for daily and with some drag radials around 14-15psi. Will update as i start it, wanna get mostly all teh stuff i needed in order before i start doing anything on it.

Would the diff have to be changed? or could the original lsd work for that kinda power?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have a 2jz in my s13. Don't need to waste money on the kit. Just mod the stock crossmeber to accept the 2jz mounts.

·
the intoxicating drink
146 Posts
/\ what he said. chances are it'll take even less time too. plus, the fact you did it yourself is irreplaceable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts