Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are these rims so cheap. Are they super heavy? or something because if they're not I'm getting them!
Also what size tires would you put on a 9" rim? 265/40/18 sound good?:)

P

·
0 Posts
Well, if they are any good, someone else can get some. Seems he has two sets for sale, at the same price.

He has a 95.9% pos feedback (over 11000 feedbacks on that screen name) so he seems to be a decent merchant.

Can't help you on the rims though, haven't heard of the brand. They look pretty tight though. Good luck with it. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you're sure you wanna buy stuff from somebody who's name is DOHCCivicNA.......

·
Registered
684 Posts
He's a good seller. I've boughten things from off ebay from him in the past. I actually got my K&N intake from him. He's a good guy!

MO

·
Supra { bhg: true }
376 Posts
I don't like those rims a whole lot...a little much for me. Maybe it's just the picture...but they just seem a little too flashy.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,939 Posts
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150109
need I say more. Also one of the rims cracked in half like an egg when I ran into a small pothole. It has no lip damage or cracks. It just split into 2 pieces. A manufactures defect. Well this was before christmas and still no rim replacement. He tells me to call the manufacturer because he got no where with them. Well that his job not mine. Now Im missing a rim thats supposed to be warranteed aginst defects. He could have replaced it and they would have given him the rim. Thats what adr said when I bitched at them. I saw him send it to them now he doesnt want to represent me for the cracked rim when its his job. He tells me to call them.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Those are awesome looking wheels, I'd jump on those things, plus they're wide enough to stack some rubber on them. I think these are the same wheels here, this is SUPRABOOSTIN's car:

E

·
0 Posts
18inch rubber cost alot. Make sure you know what your getting in to. before you buy them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my car would look exactly like "boostinsupras" car would, maroon with clear corner's. They look damn good. I was expecting to spend another $500 or so on rubber. But unfortunately looks like I need new brakes, rear knuckle, rear wheel bearing, and some other various stuff before I get 18's. Right now i'm rollin on MKIV rims and they look clean with my car, they are a perfect fit.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
$500 for rubber? Plan a bit more, buddy...semi-good quality 245/40-18's are going to run about $150 a tire...unless you just wanna pick up a few ebay knock-offs...

·
Registered
332 Posts
rays87turbo said:
If you're sure you wanna buy stuff from somebody who's name is DOHCCivicNA.......
How can you judge someone from their user name.....:rolleyes:

I've gotten 3 sets of wheels from him. He's a great seller with great prices.

Tim

·
Guidando su due rotelle
1,908 Posts
I myself have bought things from him without problem, but the havent F*ed up yet.... maybe a different person but in that situation...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts