Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right, after replacing a broken VSV on my 93 hardtop, I did the bleeder T mod and promptly got 22 psi in second gear. After repositioning T to get less boost I still get 19psi, no boost cut. Car has stock ECU and no bcc that I can find, and the factory boost solenoid has wiring and a hose attached to it. I'm using what I believe is a reliable guage(Autometer full sweep electric) and it's teed off the power steering vacuum line. Why is there no boost cut? The ECU and wiring looks like it's never been touched. The car has a frontmount, downpipe and catback on it. Is there some other way to do a boost cut, or is a BCC maybe hidden somewhere else? Does the bleeder tee fool it?

·
Vengeance is mine
907 Posts
You should change your boost gauge to run directly off the intake manifold, by using the power steering it makes the needle move as you turn the wheel. I had mine hooked up to the p/s line for a minute and everytime i turned the wheel the needle on the gauge would move. As far the the boost cut issue, I don't know if this would cause it or not but is your factory pressure sensor hooked up?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leak or not, my boost guage is tied into the manifold about 6 inches from the factory boost sensor. I still think it would see more than 15 psi.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You have to see over 15 psi for around 3 secs or something like that. When I upped the boost before I got a BCC, I only hit boost cut in third gear. I went through second gear too fast for the ecu to catch it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts