Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up for $100 with a friend. Not running and no brakes. Took twenty minutes to hot wire it and get it running, bad gas and all the seals were toasted in the carb.

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its hard to tell by the picture, but that diff. I believe its a 4.86:1, which is huge, and the leaf pack is about a 7 inch stack. It has 100hp and only about 40 at the wheels, its a real torque monster.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
It's a Sanford and Son special! I say restore it to like new condition, but drop a 454 or 502 in it. :bigthumb:

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Kickass find :D

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
damn dude, bad ass!! id restore it too 100% original, fuck the hot rod shit - thats been over done.

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well as of now we are trying to get it driveable, pretty much finished up the brakes got it running. Next up, probably get a carb rebuild kit, change tranny, diff, and steering oil, grease all the joints, replace some engine gaskets, get a bench seat, redo the interior, get some running boards and many other little things. Next up would be to do some body work. Mr. Wob this thing is going to be original as possible, I'm not looking to do any aftermarket looks or power upgrades.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,567 Posts
Hell yeah, restore that shit to original.

Those leaf springs have mad rust on em...

How the hell did you score that for $100 bucks, and does the guy have any other cars for sale.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Twigger said:
redo the interior
You mean add an interior :lol: a steering wheel and gas tank dont count

·
Registered
833 Posts
I like the way old trucks have the gas tank behind the seat! My dad has a C10 with the same setup.

Sam

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it had a couple of seats and some carpet in it, but I guess thats not really an interior, well actually the carpet was sitting in the bed and the seats were not bolted in but thats okay. The rust on the leaf springs really is not as bad as the picture makes it look, it would all come off with a wire brush. We got this truck from work, just so happens to be a Ford dealer, we asked our manager about it, since it had been sitting outside for months and we were just joking around when we offered him $100. He said "as long as you tow it" next day it was in our possesion. The owner of the Ford dealer was planning on restoring it to showroom condition, but his techs did no have enough time so it just sat for 5 years.

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yeah, he has no more cheap old cars, just a bunch of expensive new ones. Which by the way, the new fullsize trucks dont get much better gas mileage.

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
A buddy has a 1950 Chev pickup...about the same condition as yours there. Everyonce and awhile we get bored, dig it out of the back field, slap some plates on it and drive downtown just to get weird looks hehe

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its a standard and I think it may be four speed on the floor. Yeah the 100mph speedo is just great, especially when the top speed is about 55mph.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts