Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my 92 celica last night ad i need a car to drive until my 87 is done. I found a 1979 celica supra for sale in mint condition for $2000.00, i have next to no knowledge of these cars. Good/bad idea? what are they worth? the motor was rebuilt about 3 years ago, it runs but he said needs some fine tuning. I'll be goingto take a look at it in a few hours.

·
TX2K10 Beer Pong Champion
417 Posts
Buy it!! I would love to own an MKI. Easy to work on and reliable. Very smooth also. But remember it's 28 years old.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
:werd: I would buy it, those things are ancient. So if its in good condition it sounds like a good buy.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Buy it now.

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
its a daily driver...u don't want to think mods...then your gonna have two projects that u won't finish and you won't have a car 2 drive :)

i speak from personal experience lol

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ EXACTLY, dont buy this car so that you have two cars down instead of one. Buy it for the plain fact that you will be the proud owner of a MKI!!! It doesnt get much more oldskool..

·
Registered
551 Posts
take what ever you are doing in your 87 and put it in the 79. itll be faster and better looking :)

lol. yes it will be a good daily.

·
TX2K10 Beer Pong Champion
417 Posts
DD the 79 until you get the 87 up and then mod the 79. Don't pass this up. If it's mint, buy it, buy it now!!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
MKI's are awesome, nice plush interiors too...

pretty damn cheap for one too...

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
1. Buy it.
2. Post pics and stats.
3. End of thread.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I went to see it and it looked alright. Some rust around the bottom of the fenders and quarter panels. Interior was shot and he didn't have any gas to make it run. he was supposed to get it running that evening for when I came back, but he was drunk ... so yea. And this morning he wasn't home.

The car needs some love but we'll see. For now tho! ---> MK3 to the max

1 - 20 of 37 Posts