Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me: 1986.5 hardtop supra with 7mgte swap, 3in cat back, k&n air filter, 15 psi.

WRX (not sti): 2004, claims to have no mods. He did have catless exhaust and intake, but because it was burning oil he removed the aftermarket parts.

At first we were just going to race for fun... but now it seems like he wants me to put some money down. :rolleyes: We're relatives too so I thought that was kinda ridiculous; oh well. I guess we are rivals now. lol!

I am pretty confident about this race, but just wanted all of your input. :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
if your car is running good you are gonna win. Go from a 40mph roll or if you go from a dig hope he launches hard and breaks.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
PbXAssassinX1524 said:
I'm sorry but... :lame:
It's not lame. He's the one who wants to put money down. I'm leaning towards the mk3 for the win, but just wanted your opinion so I know how much I want to put down. If the odds are against me I'll just put down $50. lol.

If the odds are in my favor, I may up the ante. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mk3supraholic said:
dont do it from a dig he will shut down at second or third and claim he won

40-60mph roll awd sucks at highway speeds
It'll be a 2 mile long stretch. I just raced my buddy's stock mk3 yesterday on the same abandoned road. I beat him by 6-7 cars and kept pulling! lol. Reached 130 mph and slowed down... there was still quite a ways left to go though.

Second race I gave him a one car lead and let him start first. He kept the lead until 3rd gear or so then I flew past him.

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
I think this one might be close. Even though it's a non-sti, it runs a low 14 through the 1/4. It has [email protected] But it's light. He's about 600 lbs lighter than you. Be carefull if you bet money. And make sure it's best of 3 races.

·
+1 FTMFW
756 Posts
you should have worked a stock mk3 especially by 3rd gear and then you passed him, from a dig you will loose 80% of the time unless he fucks up from a roll youll kill him

·
Registered
502 Posts
raced an sti before my car went down 2 months ago.....pulled by about 3-4 car lengths, race wasnt too bad we went from 25-120 on highway at 2:30am...

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
On a 2 mile stretch, if you can't beat him then you should sell your car. :)

That is a long race.

what happened to 1/4 mile?!

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
If it aint from a dig, it aint a race.

Run him for shits, see what happens.

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
15 psi with the N/A diff should be beating STI's... You have nothing to worry about but watch that launch...

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
suprafly1986 said:
15 psi with the N/A diff should be beating STI's... You have nothing to worry about but watch that launch...
STI's are faster through the 1/4 than mkiv's. By about 4 tenths...

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
What's your point?

i beat one from a roll on an NA-T running 11psi (he had 2 others in the car, i had one)

Also, April 1993 R&T pulled a 13.1 quarter on a 6spd Supra Turbo...

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
I wish I knew what you are talking about. Anybody wanna do some coke later, I just scored a shitload and ready to party!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love MITSUBISHI!!!

edit: see what happens when you leave your account logged on at work?! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
yes I have raced one before on the freeway if you really want to call it that.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
from a dig, you will lose, badly.

from a roll, you will win, badly.

WRX's on stock turbo's lay down really hard after about 45-55mph. highway runs are NOT their forte.

be careful w/ dig races on "stockish" WRX's. stock WRX's with nitrous just recently broke into the 10's... in the Quarter, not the eighth.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
haha see what happens when you stay logged on at work? bunch of monkeys :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts