Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find any previous post about this topic but either I didn't go back far enough, or I'm the first one to ask this silly question.
Like the title suggests, I have an 87 7M-GTE, bought it a year ago, love it more than anything. This winter coming I plan on doing some work to it in order to make it more reliable.
That being said, I plan on putting a clutch kit in it, but I'm not sure exactly what kit I should use. I've looked at a few and have some idea of good and bad, but I was hoping there's a general consensus on what is recommended.
The car isn't raced, I drive it daily, and deal with rush hour traffic at times. I'm not pushing crazy power,the car is bone stock and I plan to keep it that way.
Factory parts isn't really an option. Hopefully someone has an idea!
Thanks!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Is there something wrong with your clutch or do you just want to replace it? The stock clutch is perfect for a stock car and upgrading for the sake of upgrading is essentially pointless if you plan on staying stock.

You can get OEM parts for roughly $250 from Driftmotion. That's going to be your pressure plate, clutch disk, and throwout bearing. While your there you should probably just replace the pilot bearing since it's another $8 or less. If your flywheel is needs to be turned you'll need to replace the flywheel bolts as the factory bolts are a one time use, torque to yield kind of deal. ARP bolts will run you around $35 and are reusable, making them a bargain over buying OEM bolts.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
9,885 Posts
I'd recommend a Tilton triple disk.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'd recommend a Tilton triple disk.

A solid recommendation.

insert old rofl smiley here

·
Registered
576 Posts
lol im sure a $6100 clutch (for a jz/v160 6-speed...) is what he is looking for

my advice is to use the search button my man. this is a subject that is popular and there are a lot of threads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts