Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is nothing amazing, but I thought it was funny as shit. Let me start by listing my mods. I have a 1987 Supra with an HKS 1.2mm head gasket, Apex'i Power intake, Lexus AFM, Nippo Denso 550cc fuel injectors, Walbro 255 lhp fuel pump, areomotive fuel pressure regulator set to 44psi, Apex'i S-AFC II fuel controller, an HKS EVC boost controller, and I'm still running the stock CT-26. Friday night I went to see The Longest Yard, which was an awesome movie. Well about half way through, I had to take a shit, but the movie was so good, I didn't want to get up. So for the next 45 minutes, I fought back the urge and enjoyed the movie. Afterwards, I ran to the bathroom, but the line was backed up out the door. I really had to go, so I grabbed my friend and jumped in my car. I was flying down the streets when I get stuck behind this Mustang GT. He's fucking with me hardcore. I try to pass and he speeds up and gets next to another vechile, blocking me in. This goes on for about 3 minutes and keep in mind, I've got crap coming out my ears at this point. Well as fate would have it, I find an opening and get side by side with him. Just as I do the light turns red and I have to come to a sotp. I look over at the guy and he is a kid about my age (22), with his girlfriend in the car. He just smiles and says, "Couldn't get by me could you?" I responded with, "I'm really not trying to race you, I just have to shit." Then he goes on to say things like "You're too scared" and "I'm just afraid I'd smoke you." Well being the kind of guy I am, I just smile and say, "Really? Let's go then." I reach down and turn on my boost controller and get set to drop. As soon as the light turns green we go. He jumps me pretty good, with his gearing and all, but I easily catch him top end. We just keep going and about 3rd gear, I've pulled ahead almost a car's length. I can see his headlights in my passenger side mirror. Finally as I hit 120mph, I start slowing down. The light ahead turns red again and here I am, face to face with the Mustang. I just smile and say, "That's why I didn't want to race. I didn't want to embarrass you in front of your date." He just goes off and calls me every name in the book, the whole while his face is getting redder than his car. He says he wants to go again. I reach down and dial in another 3psi or so and when the light turns green, I gun it. This time I got him much better than before. Again the light ahead turns red but instead of pulling up next to me, he turns off. My buddy in the passenger seat is just grinning from ear to ear. As he beams at me he says, "I thought your car was just an old pile, but now I want to get a Supra." I drove home that night feeling pretty good not only for beating him, but aslo for getting my passenger interested in the MKIII Supra.

Reactions: outofstep

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,519 Posts
SupraSonic said:
Great Kill! And with a date in the car. That's Priceless!!!!!!!!!!
That is the Apitomy of a Domestic owner lol. Getting killed is ok, but it happening after he talked all that crap is just great.

Way to represent the Ultimate Sleeper - MKIII Supra!

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Po' Kid said:
epitome ;)

anyways...i dont know what boost you were running...but with those mods you should have beat him even worse...i was spanking GTs all day long with just intake and exhaust...might want to look into your car ;)

nice kill :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I know I've got low compression and my valves need some attention. I'm saving up to rebuild it. I want to throw in some JE pistons, get the stock rods shot peened and beamed polished, and add a ferra valve train. I'm only and A1C in the Air Force, so I really don't make all that much. I'm trying though. I want to get a bigger turbo, but not until I get her rebuilt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And thanks guys, I made it to the john with about .00001 seconds to spare.

G

·
nice kill. Even better you tried to give him a way out, but he didnt take it.
Its always a blast when they talk trash with a girl in the car then lose. Then he even thinks he can do better and loses again... Priceless. :bigthumb:

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
what boost were you at during each run?? was that shitty mustang stock?

Those mustang guys think they're really fast, but unfortunately those cars are slow (stock form that is).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Jewishjalopi said:
what boost were you at during each run?? was that shitty mustang stock?

Those mustang guys think they're really fast, but unfortunately those cars are slow (stock form that is).

"those"? as in any stock mustang is slow....yeeaahhh okaaay. :stickpoke

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the first time i was running about 9psi, the second time it was about 12psi. Yeah, most mustangs are pretty slow stock. My friend has a 1990 GT that could whip the shit out of anything from modded evo's to stock MKIV's. He's still no match for an MKIV at BPU though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
LMAO!! That was a great kill, I was wondering where the hell you were going with the movie and having to take a shit part. :lol:

Made it 10x funnier since he was with his girl and didnt learn from the first beating haha.

+1 for a great kill. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice kill. I used to have a black '87 MKIII. Great car & the seats were superior to my MKIV.

But... 120mph on city streets???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i know that seems insanely fast, but i'm in Clovis, NM. The streets are pretty much empty at about 12am. i bet the town will get even smaller when my base closes. I can't wait.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts