Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and have a problem I need help with. I have a 1987 Supra that I am restoring for my daughter. The combination headlight turn signal switch just broke and I can't find a replacement anywhere. I did find one with a used parts dealer in Illinois that wanted $300 for a used switch! Does anyone here have one or know where a replacement can be located?

·
7M Fanatic
3,064 Posts
First, buy a used factory manual off eBay, so you have detailed service info on how things come apart, so no more accidents happen.

Second, you have a vintage sports car, that all the parts have been discontinued, and they will be expensive....
(more of a reason to use a factory manual before digging around inside something you have never taken apart before).

Third, many combo switches are almost identical, so finding one from another model Toyota may take little work to adapt, and look perfect.
I converted one from a Celica so I would have multi-contact horn contact ring for using for an upshift/down shift on an auto.

Forth, post a picture of said breakage, as it may be repairable.
I have repaired many combo switches by machining a custom part, and/or using epoxy, and strengthening pieces to put them back together.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Use Car-part.com and search junkyards all over.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It might be possible to get the old one mended, welded, repaired. Bolting on his easier though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts