Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time understanding which wires I should use from the MS harness, on which wires from the wires coming from the dizzy. I have been looking far and wide and it seems the only method I've seen, is to use the 7mgte CPS and coils, however I just purchased a new distributor, so I'd like it to not be money wasted. Is this possibly with the type of VR sensor used in these distributors?

I'm thinking I might only be using MS for fuel, and using it as a piggyback, but I wouldn't mind going the extra mile using for spark, too. With a dizzy, I would just use one spark output to controller the low tension side of the coil, directly, correct?

Also I'm getting mixed messages about whether or not I can use my stock low-z injectors without a resistor pack or flyback unit.

If anyone's interested it's an 87 Supra
Eagle rods
84mm Wiseco pistons
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gasket .036
The head and block has been shaved
Final Compression 9.6:1
Its a project car. I've rebuilt the whole thing myself, from the ground up, and haven't had it fire yet. Any help is much appreciated! This is my first build.

·
Registered
549 Posts
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?154652-7mge-on-Megasquirt

Information is for an ms2, I'm still researching megasquirt stuff.
In post 6 in that link, they talked about building a 2nd vr input in the proto section, which isn't on the v3.57 board.
It appears the ms3x board also has a vr input, but I'm not sure how all That works together, I have yet to get one, and I am more of a hands on learning person.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts