Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
You can wire in either our DET3 piggyback or EMU standalone to control your engine. I've never compared the GTE and GE pinouts for the 7M because there's been no demand, but they may be similar enough that you could make some modifications to our 7MGTE plug and play to make it work. Worst case you can swap in a 7MGTE harness and switch to a coil on plug setup at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DET3 piggyback computer?? What is that?? What is the other ecu you talked about?? Sorry i am very new to all of this info and building cars. Tbh this supra is my first build but its a dream car of mine. My supra is actually very unique, it has everything the turbo model has, all but the turbo 7mgte and it has features that only came on the mk3 targa 1jz model. Not uncommon just unique. I know the 7m is expensive to build bc its older but do you know anyway to get some cheap easy power out of the engine??

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
DET3 piggyback computer?? What is that?? What is the other ecu you talked about?? Sorry i am very new to all of this info and building cars. Tbh this supra is my first build but its a dream car of mine. My supra is actually very unique, it has everything the turbo model has, all but the turbo 7mgte and it has features that only came on the mk3 targa 1jz model. Not uncommon just unique. I know the 7m is expensive to build bc its older but do you know anyway to get some cheap easy power out of the engine??
Please go to our website and read about our products. You'll find full descriptions there: www.ecumasterusa.com

And there's no such thing as cheap, easy power, especially when you're talking about a 30 year old motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the web link, i know nothing is cheap what i really ment is what can i do to get power out of my motor to make it a little faster and peppy with out fully building it for now?? I have read somewhere a while back that my bottom end can hold around 500hp stock?? And can i boost my engine as it is now even tho is has 9:4.1 compression??

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Thank you for the web link, i know nothing is cheap what i really ment is what can i do to get power out of my motor to make it a little faster and peppy with out fully building it for now?? I have read somewhere a while back that my bottom end can hold around 500hp stock?? And can i boost my engine as it is now even tho is has 9:4.1 compression??
We're here to answer any questions you have regarding our products, but for general car questions we recommend you post in a section relevant to your car, or reach out to one of the other forum sponsors so they can provide you with the proper parts for your build. Again, we're more than happy to answer any questions you have that are related to engine management.

·
Registered
17 Posts
With the DET3 piggyback can I use the flex fuel sensor? And the only other things I need are the IAT sensor and a wideband O2 sensor to completely get rid of the stock MAF, right?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
No, you cannot use a flex fuel sensor with the DET3. And you need a wideband controller, the DET3 can receive an analog signal from a wideband controller, but does not have an internal wideband controller. If you want all those features, buy the EMU instead. The DET3 can delete the maf if you have a working wideband and IAT sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts