Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone if there is a conversion kit for the flip up lights? if not, does anyone know where i can find the vented passenger side headlight housing?

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Uh... last I checked... they make them for MR2s, but have never seen them on a mk3 supra...

This is a subject lots of people bring up.

Search for FIXED HEAD LIGHTS

Or search in general, before making new threads.

Some thing said alot, but not really done.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
nope...never made a kit for the MKIII...only put one together for my FC RX7. Can also do low profile lights...like "sleepy-eyes".

A flush light will use either a PIAA 980 dr/fog light combo or dual hella projectors. The 980 will fit low and flush...the projectors will bulge above the hood slightly.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
the PIAA 980 is what I've used on RX7's and they look like this in the casing and eveything...

"that's a borrowed image"

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
^Ditto...the only reason anyone should do it is for weight loss or if they can turn a 9 second quarter...

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Yeah, I thought about the parachute quality... but honestly, I don't think it matters below 100mph

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Flip-up lights are too cool to replace with fixed lights.

I think the MKIV should have had flip-up lights.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
the major thing with the flush lights is functionality. ive seen a couple of pictures that have flush lights and they look great....but there is not enough visibility with using fog lights....9 outta 10 people that i know that have tried flush mounted lights have gone back to the popups....besides..the popups are cooler :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts