Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 1989 Supra with 39,000 miles on it last week. Everything on the car is original and there have been no modifications. You can see the car here:

I want to keep it as original as possible in case I sell it later down the line but also would like to do minor modifications that will help the performance of the car. I am going to put in a new stereo and my mechanic is putting on new belts, changing the fluids and replacing a motor mount that is bad.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I should update on the car? Also, does anyone know where to buy a new condenser for the car? I can only find used one's on Ebay.

Thanks for the help. Sorry if this is a repost. I had a 1988 Supra Turbo Manual back in 1999. I sold the car when I went to college and as a 40th birthday to myself, i bought myself the 89 last week.

Thanks all for the help. It's great to have the Supra back in my life!

·
Registered
1987 Pearl White Turbo R154
29 Posts
My car is pretty much stock. All I have done is a catless 3 inch turbo back exhaust with an Apexi intake. These are easy to install and have made a huge difference on how the car sounds. Not much performance gain other than faster turbo spool. These would also be very easy to take off and replace with the stock parts if you ever wanted to sell. Could probably pull of that setup for less than 500$.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome back! I was watching this car on eBay because I like to see what value well-maintained mk3s can go for. As for the condenser, there are a lot of parts that just don't really exist. Toyota has made some heritage parts recently; some dealerships have parts for our cars available online. It's a long shot, but I've found some hoses and a fuel filter for my car original from the dealership recently.

As for upgrades, that's a whole world to explore. What do you want the car to do that it doesn't do now?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts