Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a 1990 Supra and need some advice. It has 130k miles on it. Assuming everything checks out on the car, what should i be paying?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sorry about that. It is a turbo model with a five speed. the outside looks really good the inside is ok. The back seats would need to be replacedbut the fronts are not too bad. It is not a targa

thanks for your help
jim

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Any engine work? HG replaced or not?

I would probably pay around 3-4k if everything works correctly with oil changes and such.

Maybe low 3's if HG has never been changed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5spd turbo hardtops aren't easy to find if that's what it really is.

Somewhere between $1800 and $8000.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
D_LaMz said:
Price should be around $5000, but I saw a blue 1990+ going for almost $10000! :run:
Must have been in good condition. Although you could buy a higher mileage N/A MKIV for that price :rolleyes:

-Dino

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
fire said:
5spd turbo hardtops aren't easy to find if that's what it really is.

Somewhere between $1800 and $8000.

haha if they arent easy to find why i have picked up 3 of them in the past two months for less then 1k a piece lol....

also 1800-8000 thats one hell of a broad price range lol....

in good shape i would say about 3500-4k.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IdealSupra said:
haha if they arent easy to find why i have picked up 3 of them in the past two months for less then 1k a piece lol....

Lol that's really cool, do you still have all 3 of them? 1K damn

-Dino

·
I have auto ADD.
4,567 Posts
IdealSupra said:

Yeah 3500-4000 is good.

MKIII's are pretty rare here, I'm driving to TN to get one in a few days.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
BDT-TT said:
Must have been in good condition. Although you could buy a higher mileage N/A MKIV for that price :rolleyes:

-Dino
Not everybody who buys or has an MKIII wants an MKIV. Not everybody who has an MKIII is settling for it because they wanted an MKIV and couldn't afford it. People actually *like* and *desire* MKIII's. Imagine that one...

Reactions: brewster

·
I have auto ADD.
4,567 Posts
SupraTico said:
Not everybody who buys or has an MKIII wants an MKIV. Not everybody who has an MKIII is settling for it because they wanted an MKIV and couldn't afford it. People actually *like* and *desire* MKIII's. Imagine that one...
EXACTLY, I wasn't going to bother saying anything to him because it always falls on deaf ears. MKIV's are great cars, but I have no desire to own one. My heart lies with the MKIII. I could afford an NA MKIV but I DON'T want one, some people just don't understand that.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Bought my 1990 w/rod knock for $1K... The 2JZ I already had was dropped right in.

I would say if it's in excellent shape, only up to about $5K... Beyond that you'd have to have alot of extras on their to support more $$ for it.

BTW: I still have my MKIII, tho I am positive I could've bought an MKIV with as much as I've spent. Since I don't want an MKIV, I am VERY okay with that.

My GF likes the MKIV, so we got her a 1994 N/A for $9200. Now we each have the gen we want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts